The timeline of this confuses me | Syracusefan.com

The timeline of this confuses me

themole

Starter
If this happened starting around 2001, why was it not reported until late 2010/early 2011 ("more than a year ago" says the NCAA). Was it covered up till then? Did some idiot conduct the tests and not realize something was wrong till then? Was TGD auditing some old paperwork and found out about it? IDGI. And if it was reported over a year ago, how long does it take for the NCAA to finish an investigation of this sort?

Th more i think about it, if this was all they found in 3months than were prettylucky...it sucks right now but lets put things in perspective

If this happened starting around 2001, why was it not reported until late 2010/early 2011 ("more than a year ago" says the NCAA). Was it covered up till then? Did some idiot conduct the tests and not realize something was wrong till then? Was TGD auditing some old paperwork and found out about it? IDGI. And if it was reported over a year ago, how long does it take for the NCAA to finish an investigation of this sort?
Frankly we could have changed our policy over the years.
Those details are important to alleviate our fears.
But of course no one will report on that.
Because everyone would rather assume there's a bed the department shat.

I have barely made a post on this since it broke, mostly because I don't want to part of the jump-the-gun crowd (I learned what NOT to do by watching how the Bernie Fine crap unfolded--and I'm glad I was mostly quiet during that as well).

I will say that as a fan I'm sick and tired of all this off-the-court crap that comes out it seems every year. And to your point, I don't get the timeline either. I'm just reserving judgment until we know more. I think the key will be whatever we self-reported to the NCAA: were the violations honest mistakes or willful ignorance of our own rules... and then what are the neccessary penalties (if any).

I think that was when the previous testing coordinator (shown below) left his position. The new coordinator came in and found the past indiscretions.
brian_half-baked_pictureboxart_160w.jpg

Here is a pic of a staff meeting from 2002. From what I hear, they had these meetings every day at 3:00 pm.
half_baked-10602.jpg

Frankly we could have changed our policy over the years.
Those details are important to alleviate our fears.
But of course no one will report on that.
Because everyone would rather assume there's a bed the department shat.
Dear NCAA: After an internal audit conducted in light of the Bernie Fine allegations we found some violations of our internal drug policy. The person or persona in charge of notifying the coaches about eligibility issues concerning this policy failed to notify the coaches on a regular basis. When notified, coach Boeheim dis not play those players until the had a clear drug test.
We have revised our process and procedurea to guard against any future communication breakdowns in the future regarding this important issue

Mean culpable

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

The timeline might be an issue because the guy that was conducting the test couldn't find a fedex office open. He may have brought them home and left them in the fridge until now. :noidea:

Here are some of the first pictures coming out of last Sunday evening's HardWood Club Dinner. Apparently there was a back room that SUTomCat didn't reference in his wrap up.

tumblr_ly2vf1Y8yb1rnnua5o1_500.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom