the uconn board | Syracusefan.com

the uconn board

D

dash-30-dash

there is a discussion about syracuse fans. They were surprised at the anti-uconn posts. First, I think most of us want uconn to get a bid. I don't know where they get that. They also feel that we are jealous of them?? Really. Look, I wish we had 3 titles( the helms foundation titles notwithstanding)But I don't think there is anyone that is jealous of uconn. We have titles in both football and hoop. When they do that, call me. And lastly, the few people that don't want uconn to join us are entitled to that opinion. If the roles were reversed, I am quite confidant that there would be some uconn fans that would not care if we got a seat at the dance. Lastly, if your looking for a reason for the delay in a ACC invite, one word. Fishy. They just don't trust...well you know.

I hate Yukon as much as anyone, but I would like to see them join the ACC.

I am not jealous of UCONN. But I admit I don't want them in the ACC. I want them to be left out of this so SU has an easier path to being the dominate team in the North East when it comes to major college football.

Now, odds are they will be let in. But if I could waive a magic wand, keep them out!

Id like to keep some more of the tradition, so yeah I wouldnt mind it

I don't know where they get that. They also feel that we are jealous of them?? Really.

I hate visiting their board and hate them with a passion, mainly because their rise (if you can call it that) coincided with our darkest period in our football history.

What exactly do they say we are jealous of? Their BBall coach is an even bigger than ours? Randy Edsall quit coaching their to pursue his DREAM JOB? They have a club lacrosse team? I don't get it. Why would they think ANY SU fan would trade places with a UConn fan?

They've clearly been the #1 BBall program in the Big East in recent history and they've built a respectable D1 football program from DII or whatever they were. But if I had to give up everything else that Syracuse has done (Football Tradition and 14 straight winning seasons, Top 5 BBall program, THE lacrosse program in the country) to get two more national bball championships, there's no way I would do it.

UConn fan here. Look cause one person says you're jealous of us doesn't qualify an entire fan base as delusional. Anyway, we do hope to join the ACC as well, that seems to be the consensus. Can you imagine that basketball conference? , the ACC tournament could replace the NCAA's! Final 4 of UConn, Cuse, Duke, UNC? All from the same conference? Epic. Oh, and I don't know about the beer thing... We here in Connecticut like our beer. We aren't allowed to have Yuengling though.

UConn fan here. Look cause one person says you're jealous of us doesn't qualify an entire fan base as delusional. Anyway, we do hope to join the ACC as well, that seems to be the consensus. Can you imagine that basketball conference? , the ACC tournament could replace the NCAA's! Final 4 of UConn, Cuse, Duke, UNC? All from the same conference? Epic. Oh, and I don't know about the beer thing... We here in Connecticut like our beer. We aren't allowed to have Yuengling though.

Same here, we like our beer best served cold, and at reasonable prices...6 dollars a damn beer...maybe they can use the money from the beer profit to buyout and leave early...:noidea:

Soooooo jealous UConn is still in the BE.

Listen: They went D-1, built a new stadium and nice little program considering it's not a football hotbed, won at Notre Dame, put some guys in the NFL, went to a BCS bowl. Fans earnestly thought things would keep getting better and better, and why wouldn't they? It happened in basketball.

They were kinda about it, not RU level but still, so I don't mind being condescending: They were cute.

Now, they're staring irrelevance right in the face. A lot to ask of fans who really haven't had to deal with crushing adversity. Wouldn't mind if they get a seat, but really don't care. Let 'em eat dog biscuits.

I'm cool with UConn joining us. I hope when all is said and done that Rutgers is left without a seat only because I think that would hasten our return to owning NJ in recruiting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom