The Ultimate Syracuse Dream Player Built By Jim Boeheim | Syracusefan.com

The Ultimate Syracuse Dream Player Built By Jim Boeheim

Coach Orange

2nd String
I didn't see this posted anywhere. I thought it might create some fun discussion about whether or not we agree with Coach Boeheim's choices.

Quick edit: my apologies to sutomcat - I just saw that he posted the video in one of his Orangeyes Daily Articles threads. However, I didn't see any discussion of it in that thread, so we can do that here. :)

Last edited:
Very cool.

Where the heck have you been, CO?

Saved the best for last, IMO. LOVE me some Sherm!

Some interesting choices by Boeheim -- there were a couple of players I was surprised not to see on the list [such as Billy Owens], but a nice stroll down memory lane, with some impressive clips.

I might have gone Stevie or Hak over Bruin for athleticism. But it is tough to argue with the players he went with.

Only one I would alter in my opinion is the athletic wonder. I never saw Bruin play, so maybe he was that. But I still feel like I have never seen someone like Warrick in a Syracuse uniform. Granted he was 6’9” with a 7’2” wingspan but that guy looked like he flew and floated. I was always in awe watching him.

Hey RF! I've been lurking, but work has been keeping me busy. I try to chime in when I see a thread I might add something to using a "coach's eye." I hope all is well with you and yours!

Same to you -- I've missed your input / analysis around here. Good to see that you're still around.

Enjoy the rest of the summer!

Cool list. The way it was formulated, it leaves off some of the all time great players because they may not have had the best single trait that was attributed to someone else. I wish they showed a different Bruin highlight. I didn't get to see him play and that layup at the rim was pretty pedestrian. I'll always remember Stevie taking it right at Motumbo and scoring over him. That may have been more athletic than any of his dunks. If you made a list of guys that best combined all of the traits Owens would be near the top of it. I'm not sure what order I'd go, but Owens, DC, and Melo would be some combination of 1, 2 ,3.

That was a fun topic. Amazing you are able to put something like that together and have enough great players that there is no mention of Billy Owens or the Big East’s all time leading scorer, Lawrence Moten. I would have given Moten the Moxie award, if there had been one.