The Upside: BC | Syracusefan.com

The Upside: BC

SWC75

Bored Historian
- We’ve been saying that this is our annual slump but we are winning the games instead of losing them. Tonight we lost one. It doesn’t mean we won’t get back to winning or that the team is as bad as they look right now. Last year’s team closed losing 7 of 12 and wound up in the final four.

- The team that beat us deserves some praise. Boston College came into the season expecting to be a good team and tonight they were. They were disciplined on offense, looked for good shots and in the second half they made them. They out-hustled us to rebounds and loose balls. They overcame a 13 point deficit on the road to beating nation’s #1 ranked team. They deserved to win and they did.

- For all his struggles, CJ fair had a double-double with 20 points and 11 rebounds.

- Tyler Ennis couldn’t come up with his usual late-game heroics but he, too, had a good line: 14 points, 8 rebounds and 6 assists.

- We’ll never see those awful uniforms again. When did we ever look like that?

25-1, (12-1), with 5+ to go

Let’s Go Orange!

There's always an Upside and always a Downside. Sometimes you have to scratch and claw to some up with something but it's always there.

Another upside:

We will never see a "We need to lose one game" thread again this year.

- We’ve been saying that this is our annual slump but we are winning the games instead of losing them. Tonight we lost one. It doesn’t mean we won’t get back to winning or that the team is as bad as they look right now. Last year’s team closed losing 7 of 12 and wound up in the final four.

- The team that beat us deserves some praise. Boston College came into the season expecting to be a good team and tonight they were. They were disciplined on offense, looked for good shots and in the second half they made them. They out-hustled us to rebounds and loose balls. They overcame a 13 point deficit on the road to beating nation’s #1 ranked team. They deserved to win and they did.

Was half expecting to see "there weren't any" in your post, so I realize you were really reaching to come up with some sort of upside.
Still, these 2 statements really don't sound like much of an upside for us.
This game should have been our last "easy" game before a very tough 3 road game stretch.
Heck, we faced this team before and beat them on their home court - we knew how they were going to play and we seemed to have no answer for it.
I felt we really needed this win tonight and we lost in an embarrassingly bad fashion.
Tonight definitely should not have been the night.

- For all his struggles, CJ fair had a double-double with 20 points and 11 rebounds.

- Tyler Ennis couldn’t come up with his usual late-game heroics but he, too, had a good line: 14 points, 8 rebounds and 6 assists.

- We’ll never see those awful uniforms again. When did we ever look like that?

25-1, (12-1), with 5+ to go

Let’s Go Orange!

Love your posts SWC, you know I do.

And I know I still love your posts because the positives are extremely short today.

Double double, or triple double, CJ sucked, he sucked really bad today and it was probably the worst 20 point performance I've ever seen in Syracuse history.

Ennis, opposite from what he normally does, usually plays a great game the stat line doesn't see. Tonight, solid stat line and awful game. He didn't look good at all.

Uniforms, granted, I made a billion dollars off of them, but jesus, why not the orange on orange, they were awful.

Not much positive to talk about after tonight. I'm excited about Saturday though, hopefully a loss to a horribly awful team will put these guys back to earth.

Actually, Ennis made what should have been a great game winning entry pass to Rak, but Rak didn't finish the play. Had Rak finished, we would be looking at things quite differently.

Actually, Ennis made what should have been a great game winning entry pass to Rak, but Rak didn't finish the play. Had Rak finished, we would be looking at things quite differently.
Yeah, that missed layup/baby hook by Rak at the end of regulation is what haunts my thoughts about the game today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom