The Upside- Buffalo | Syracusefan.com

The Upside- Buffalo

SWC75

Bored Historian
- There used to be an actor named Slim Pickens. This is him: So, let’s get on with the upside AHHHAHOOOO!

- Oshae Brissett played with a fire and determination we haven’t often seen this year. (Perhaps because it was on ESPN and the NBA was looking?). He had a double-double with 10 points, 12 rebounds and 4 assists.

- Elijah Hughes had a 16 points game and took advantage of the attention Battle was getting. Downside within the Upside: he was 2 for 9 from the arc, including a couple of big, wide open ones when SU was trying to hold on and then come back in the second half. He also had 6 turnovers. But he was our leading scorer.

- Frank Howard had his best game so far with 11 points, including a beautiful play where the man guarding him flopped and he calmly hit a three over his prone body. But frank had only 1 assist in our game and three particularly bad turnovers.

- We had four double figure scorers, same as Buffalo. The problem is, the rest of the team scored 9 points.

- We won the first 30 minutes and played pretty good ball to do it. The final score and the end of the game were deceiving. Once Buffalo got a multi-possession lead we started jacking up three pointers and they didn’t go. This was a close game against a team that is knocking on the door of the top ten. Buffalo would win their share against an ACC schedule and we can, too.

7-4 and with 20+ to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!

Another thought. The Manchild Show just talked to a reporter from Buffalo who said that the Bulls, already ranked #14, could run the regular season table if they can beat Marquette. That would project them at elast into the top ten or even the top 5. We may come to look this as a game where we led one of the bets teams in the country for 30 minutes and let it slip away at the end- when we weren't playing well. How would Buffalo do in the ACC? Shouldn't we do at least as well once we really get going?

I'm not particularly disappointed after this game really. Before the season I had us losing two non-conference games. Buffalo and Oregon. I was thinking they would beat Iowa and we would beat Yukon. Really the Yukon and OD loss were the ones that hurt. I liked the way we played for a good stretch of this game. It's not where I think we can be but it was an improvement. In the first half Oshae didn't shoot a single 3 and had a good half. There are some things to build on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom