The Upside- Clemson | Syracusefan.com

The Upside- Clemson

SWC75

Bored Historian
- As I noted in my pre-season preview, I expected this game to be one in which we would find out that we aren’t Clemson. In the wake of the Liberty and Maryland games, this game was hardly a surprise: I expected the defense to perform much better, as it did but that our offense was going to have a lot of trouble moving the ball and thus holding onto it. That causes the defense to be on the field too much and, predictably, even the defense gave way at the end. Nothing to see here. Move on…

- The defense put real pressure on Lawrence, even though they had only two sacks. He misfired on 15 passes and two more were intercepted, both of which should have produced scores. They didn’t but that’s no fault of the defense.

- Travis Etienne is going to be a star on the next level and he’s a superstar on this one. But we never let him get away today. He got 76 yards but his longest run was 15 yards and he didn’t score. Neither did Tee Higgins, their star receiver.

- It may be another year where our MVP is our punter. Sterling Hofrichter is as good as we’ve ever had and tonight was probably his greatest game. he averaged 52.2 yards per 9 punts, all of which were as high as they were far. The coverage was good and the Tigers returned just 2 of those 9 punts for a total of 3 yards. They also returned just one kick off for 25 yards, which is doing it the hard way. Andre Szmyt kicked both field goals so we won the play every time we kicked the ball. Too bad we didn’t win very many of the other plays.

- We’re not going to play a team anywhere near this good the rest of the way. We still have 9 games to make something good of this season and to build this team back up to where it’s something to be proud of. Hopefully that will come this year.

1-2 and 9+ to be done

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!

kickers are the only unit shining thus far. i worry about hoff's leg lasting the season. or he's gonna have to to let out his inseams with all these workouts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom