The Upside - CMU | Syracusefan.com

The Upside - CMU

SWC75

Bored Historian
- We won and, despite several “personal foul” calls, nothing really dirty happened. After the game Eric Dungey and Mitch Stanitzek embraced at midfield. The scoreboard is a wonderful tool for vengeance, with nothing to regret.

- We put up the sort of numbers we hoped for when Dino Babers was hired: 579 yards, 300 on the ground, 279 through the air, 41 point scored in a 24 point win.

- I was trying to determine how Central Michigan compared to Middle Tennessee. I’d say they were comparable so this represents a significant improvement.

- I like the way we took over the game when we were down 10-17, scoring the last 31 points. We dominated on defense, offense and special teams from that point on.

- We finally got the big plays we had bene looking for. Moe Neal’s run was on one of those up-the-middle plays we’ve never gotten blocked before. Riley ran that reverse with verve. Dungey broke another form farther out and got a big chunk because of it.

- Eric Dungey running the ball is just an integral part of our offense. There’s no point in complaining about it. He’s sort of a poor man’s Lamar Jackson. I’ll take it if he gets results like today.

- I’ll give Dontae Strickland one thing: he can smell the end zone. Inside the 10 yard line, he turns into Jim Brown. I suspect as our blocking improves, we’ll find he’s a more talented running back than we realize.

- Steve Ismael had “only” 8 catches but for 139 yards, 17.4 yards per catch. He came in leading the country in receptions but only gaining 9.6 yards per catch.

- Sean Riley is a little guy but a slippery one. He has 82 yards catching passes, 47 rushing, 98 on kick-off returns and 20 on punt returns for a total of 2 4 7 all-purpose yards.

- Brian Ward’s defense looks more and more like Scott Shafer’s every day. None of this “cut them off at the pass” stuff. We are attacking the other team and its producing results.

- Sterling Hofrichter averaged an incredible 51 yards on 7 punts.

2-1 with 9+ to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!

Last edited:
- We put up the sort of numbers we hoped for when Dino Babers was fired: 579 yards, 300 on the ground, 279 through the air, 41 point scored in a 24 point win.
Freudian slip?

Great report. The Sean Riley total yardage bullet point needs editing.

Great report. The Sean Riley total yardage bullet point needs editing.

Would it have been OK if Riley had gained 248 yards?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom