The Upside - Colgate | Syracusefan.com

The Upside - Colgate

SWC75

Bored Historian
- We won 83-55 on a night when Connecticut lost to Wagner, Boston College lost to Nicholls and Pitt went 2OTs with Eastern Michigan.

- Different guys have taken t runs looking like the best player on the court: Tyus Battle vs. Indiana, Andrew White vs. LeMoyne, Tyler Roberson tonight with our two point guards, Frank Howard and John Gillon looking great over stretches. We haven’t seen the real Tyler Lydon yet. It’s got to be a coach’s dream. We don’t need to have one guy carry this team on his back.

- Roberson had 18 points, 12 in the first half when the game was semi-competitive, shooting 9 of 13. He had only 4 rebounds, one on the offensive boards. Previously, he only scored when he got offensive rebounds. Tonight he scored as part of the regular offense.

- White had a nice “first” game, scoring 17 on 7 for 12 shooting. He was only 2 for 7 from three point range but moved inside to go 5 for 5 within the arc. He’s not just a stand still jump shooter.

- Frank Howard hit three threes after hitting 2 all last year. He scored 11 points and had 9 assists, along with 4 steals.

- John Gillon was like a lit match when he entered the game. Then energy level rose and we immediately started to pull away. He scored form outside, drove to the basket and dished off, making several spectacular plays. He had 13 points and 6 assists with no turnovers. He and Howard totaled 15 assists vs. 3 turnovers.

- We ran the whole game. It looked like the old days. But it’s the enw days.

1-0 with 30+ to go!

LET’S GO ORANGE!

Battle and Lydon combine to go 2/13 with 8 points, and we still score 83 and win by 28, wow. I have a feeling this year we won't be scoring in the 50's too much. Last year was brutal at times , especially if G was having an off night. So many offensive threats this year - Gillon, Howard, Battle, White, Lydon and Roberson all have the ability to lead the team in scoring on any given night. Hell we'll probably see a few double digit games from DC. Really like what Taurean brings as well, led the team in rebounds and only payed 18 minutes - that 15 footer was a thing of beauty.

Why did we stall in the second half? It was fairly excruciating, no, that's not the word, tedious I suppose works better. I was influenced by four little boys sitting behind me shrieking in full throat for tacos and we stalled on 69 points for an eternity.When the second half started I thought we would get to 100 easily because we were already at, what, 55 or 60 when it started? (I tried to find the beginning second half score but failed.) But no one has mentioned our cold spell so maybe it was no big deal.

The first half was such a thing of beauty! A balm for my troubled soul. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Depth, depth, depth. This is the first time in a while that I am not living in fear of an injury to one player ruining a season. There will also be less risk of injuries due to the minutes being distributed more amongst the players. Glorious irony that over-aggressive sanctions actually gave us more depth, with players knowing that if they came here they would play. Go 'Cuse!

Why did we stall in the second half? It was fairly excruciating, no, that's not the word, tedious I suppose works better. I was influenced by four little boys sitting behind me shrieking in full throat for tacos and we stalled on 69 points for an eternity.When the second half started I thought we would get to 100 easily because we were already at, what, 55 or 60 when it started? (I tried to find the beginning second half score but failed.) But no one has mentioned our cold spell so maybe it was no big deal.

The first half was such a thing of beauty! A balm for my troubled soul. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I thought the same thing. We sputtered a bit in the second half. Halftime score was 49-25. We got to 61 by the 16:22 mark and then took nearly 12 minutes to score our next 13 points. Hit 74 at 4:33 mark.

Was really impressed w/ Howard. Ran the offense, the J looks so much better, and looked good a top the zone. My 13 yr old told me all summer that Howard was going to make the freshman to sophomore "MCW" leap. Think he was on to something.

I thought the same thing. We sputtered a bit in the second half. Halftime score was 49-25. We got to 61 by the 16:22 mark and then took nearly 12 minutes to score our next 13 points. Hit 74 at 4:33 mark.
Yep, they got to 69-34 and then went in to relax mode which is basically the same as sloppy mode. Cant wait to see this team play their first really tough opponent. Thats when you find out if they can go hard for all 40 mins, a trait most all championship teams have...

Was really impressed w/ Howard. Ran the offense, the J looks so much better, and looked good a top the zone. My 13 yr old told me all summer that Howard was going to make the freshman to sophomore "MCW" leap. Think he was on to something.
Hes gonna get a shot at nba some day, imo hes got an nba body and the ability to share. If he shows he can consistently finish too he should get a shot at some pt

Edit or he could go the J Hart route, if he dedicates himself to defense the way Jason did maybe he could get to stick in nba that way too

When did taco time drop from 75 to 70?

Offense needs to flow better. The defense needs to be more shut-down. Lots of work to do. As the competition gets better so will the team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom