The Upside- Colgate | Syracusefan.com

The Upside- Colgate

SWC75

Bored Historian
- JB said on his show that the reason we don’t schedule easy opponents any more is that they are hard to find. Colgate isn’t the team we were beating by 50 points a few years ago. We beat them by 14 despite giving up 14 three points and that’s fine. We need to respect our opponents and our victories over them.

- It was important that Frank Howard have a good comeback game. It didn’t look like it would be early due some miscommunication that lead to most of his 5 turnovers. He was also 1 for 5 from the arc. But he was 5 for 7 inside it and the same from the line. He scored 18 points, had 6 assists and the same number of rebounds. He’ll be OK and so will we.

- Tyus Battle is A-OK. He scores in spurts but the spurts come at the right time. He helped get us the lead early and, in the second half, he got going when the going got tough, hitting a trey, a jumper and 2 free throws for 7 straight Syracuse points to take it from 49-40 to 56-43.

- None-scorers make offense difficult but they can find ways to win the game for you anyway. Paschal Chukwu did it all in the early going and wound up with 5 points, 9 rebounds and 4 blocks. He also had a steal and an assist from the high post to Brissett under the basket.

- Marek Dolezaj actually made about a 15 foot jump shot. Those were his only two points. But he had 6 rebounds, 5 assists and 3 steals. As JB likes to say “He knows how to play the game.

- Oshae Brissett, while battling both Colgate and acne, scored 20 points , had 5 rebounds, 2 assists a block and a steal. That he could score 20 points on only 5 rebounds illustrates that his offensive game is beginning to develop.

8-1 with 22+ to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!

I would like to add that the odds are now looking very good for a winning season. Can easily see 9 wins from here.

As for the NCAAT this win helps some. Mostly from the lack of bad losses perspective which hurt last year. There are only 4 OOC games left and 2 of those probably wouldn't make the bad loss category (Gtown + StBoni).

-
- Oshae Brissett, while battling both Colgate and acne, scored 20 points , had 5 rebounds, 2 assists a block and a steal. That he could score 20 points on only 5 rebounds illustrates that his offensive game is beginning to develop.

Did you mean acne, I can't figure out the reference? My first thought was Tom doing one of his "My Take" posts on his phone where the talk to text feature gets creative with some of the translations? Is Brissett battling a particularly bad case of acne?

Did you mean acne, I can't figure out the reference? My first thought was Tom doing one of his "My Take" posts on his phone where the talk to text feature gets creative with some of the translations? Is Brissett battling a particularly bad case of acne?

I just noticed that Oshae was having a serious facial breakout, especially on his left side, in his post game interview on the local news. I can't find that clip but this one, which doesn't show that side, offers hints of it:

It was an irrelevant comment but just something I noticed and it seemed amusing to make reference to it.

I just noticed that Oshae was having a serious facial breakout, especially on his left side, in his post game interview on the local news. I can't find that clip but this one, which doesn't show that side, offers hints of it:

It was an irrelevant comment but just something I noticed and it seemed amusing to make reference to it.
Maybe it’s heat rash. Acne is not amusing! It could seriously impede his love life, and I want Oshae to be happy.

Strangest upside thread ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom