The Upside (Cornell) | Syracusefan.com

The Upside (Cornell)

SWC75

Bored Historian
- It was a ‘W” and W’s are a lot better than L’s. The team had a natural let-down after a huge effort against Ohio State and they won. We could not afford an upset here and it didn’t happen.

- Tyus Battle, after a slow start, has really got it going. Tonight he scored 26 points on 10 of 17 shooting and 4 for 6 from three point range. He also had 5 rebounds, a good total for a guard, (at 6-6, he should get that sort of total every night). He had a sweet move along the baseline for a reverse lay-up that is the sort of thing the NBA will be looking for.

- Oshae Brissett had a strong game with 19 points and 8 rebounds. He hit 5 of only 8 shots form the field but was 7 for 10 from the foul line. Park and Satalin said that against a team like this, there’s no one who can guard him. He probably should have gotten the ball more.

- Elijah Hughes and Frank Howard picked the right time to get off the schneid. Hughes scored his first points with a lay-up with 2:58 left to make it 56-50. Then Howard hit a trey to make it 59-52 at 2:19. Those were their first points of the game. Hughes then hit a couple of free throws with 25 seconds left for our final points to make it a three possession game.

- We didn’t score a lot but we hit 50% of our shots, including 38% form 3. I’ll take that.

- There are a lot of complaints that could be made about this game but the defense only gave up 55 points, despite Morgan going off. That’s what won us the game.

5-2 and with 24+ to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!

-

- Tyus Battle, after a slow start, has really got it going. Tonight he scored 26 points on 10 of 17 shooting and 4 for 6 from three point range. He also had 5 rebounds, a good total for a guard, (at 6-6, he should get that sort of total every night). He had a sweet move along the baseline for a reverse lay-up that is the sort of thing the NBA will be looking for.

I was just about to post this but I thought I'd first check to see if you'd done it. Tyus has definitely got his groove back. Big positive of the night for me.

I was just about to post this but I thought I'd first check to see if you'd done it. Tyus has definitely got his groove back. Big positive of the night for me.
Through seven games, Battle is shooting 51% from the field (41% from deep) and 80% from line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom