The Upside - Cornell | Syracusefan.com

The Upside - Cornell

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Well, I didn’t sleep through the game, (see “Why Cornell will win”) and was at the Dome to see us win. So much for dreams.

- Cornell tried to win the game from outside, (15 for 46, .326) and we tried to win it from inside, (26/37, .703) and inside won.

- I was worried when Jimmy Boeheim had to leave the game with a shoulder injury in the first half but he was back in the second and playing as well as ever. People ask why he’s scored our first basket in 10 of 12 games: it’s because he’s our most versatile scorer. He can hit from outside or drive through the lane for a hook, a floater or a lay-up form either side. The other team ahs to guard Buddy, Joe and Cole and that gives Jimmy plenty of room to maneuver. He also had 7 rebounds and a terrific wrap-around assist to Jesse Edwards. Jimmy is the beak of the squid, with Buddy, Joe and Cole being the octopus, (I think I ready did that).

- Cole Swider is starting to score as we had imagined. He had his first 20 points game with 21 and hit some big shots down the stretch. I’d like more than 5 rebounds and 0 assists but he had a couple of steals.

- Buddy Boeheim scored 22, including a coupe of baskets in the last 2:17 of the first half when his brother had left the game with an injury and we were trying to hold off the Big Red who could not seem to miss.

- Jesse Edwards was very active with 11 points, 8 rebounds, 2 blocks and 3 steals, plus an assists. He hustled constantly and was in every scrum fo a loose ball or a rebound.

- Sym Torrance had an up and down game but still had 4 assists in 14 minutes, maintaining his tremendous rate at that stat.

- We now have a bit of wiggle room at 7-5 in trying to extend the streak of winning seasons, although making the NCAAs will require more than wiggle room. We need a winning streak.

7-5 with 19+ to go.

LET’S GO ORANGE!

It was great to see Cole have success scoring. I hope we see a lot more of this!

Yes, Symir had an up and down game. On the positive, I loved his activity on defense. He is quick as hell and plays with so much energy. I also like how he brings the ball up the court in just a couple seconds, rather than Joe, who seems to waste half the shot clock before our offense can get started.

Jesse has so much upside. Even on an average night, he can have a solid imprint on the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom