The Upside: Eastern Michigan | Syracusefan.com

The Upside: Eastern Michigan

SWC75

Bored Historian
- I’m still hoping DaJuan Coleman will someday develop into a real force underneath but it’s not happened yet and his injury is a blessing in disguise because it enables us to go with our best line-up from the beginning of the game: Rakeem Christmas, Jeremy Grant, CJ Fair, Trevor Cooney and Tyler Ennis.

- Christmas may have had troubles with rebounding, (he wound up with 3) and defense but his 15 points tied a career high. He was 7 for 8 from the field.

- Grant also had 15 points, most of them while we built up the 30-10 lead. He was 5 for 7 from the field.

- Tyler Ennis didn’t score but had his best passing day of the year, with 9 assists, many of them spectacular. He doesn’t normally go for the spectacular but it worked tonight.

- The difference in the game was double-figure scorers: We had four of them. They had two of them.

- It was another game where we won the possession battle big: 39-30 on the boards and 13-18 in turnovers.

- Tyler Roberson got some good time in, scoring 6 points and grabbing 5 rebounds. In the new line-up, Christmas is replacing Coleman in the starting line-up, Grant is replacing Christmas. That means we need a replacement for Grant and that will be Roberson. He won’t play as much as grant did but we haven’t seen the last of him as might have been expected at this stage of the season.

13-0 with 18+ to go

Let’s Go Orange!

- I’m still hoping DaJuan Coleman will someday develop into a real force underneath but it’s not happened yet and his injury is a blessing in disguise because it enables us to go with our best line-up from the beginning of the game: Rakeem Christmas, Jeremy Grant, CJ Fair, Trevor Cooney and Tyler Ennis.

- Christmas may have had troubles with rebounding, (he wound up with 3) and defense but his 15 points tied a career high. He was 7 for 8 from the field.

- Grant also had 15 points, most of them while we built up the 30-10 lead. He was 5 for 7 from the field.

- Tyler Ennis didn’t score but had his best passing day of the year, with 9 assists, many of them spectacular. He doesn’t normally go for the spectacular but it worked tonight.

- The difference in the game was double-figure scorers: We had four of them. They had two of them.

- It was another game where we won the possession battle big: 39-30 on the boards and 13-18 in turnovers.

- Tyler Roberson got some good time in, scoring 6 points and grabbing 5 rebounds. In the new line-up, Christmas is replacing Coleman in the starting line-up, Grant is replacing Christmas. That means we need a replacement for Grant and that will be Roberson. He won’t play as much as grant did but we haven’t seen the last of him as might have been expected at this stage of the season.

13-0 with 18+ to go

Let’s Go Orange!

I hate to say it, but I have to live up to my tagline. Coleman being hurt and allowing more PT for Roberson just may be a blessing in disguise. Nothing against DC2, his character, or his effort - those have been commendable and exemplary. In short, we may well be a better team by year end with Roberson in the rotation instead of DC2.

DC2 may have some soul-searching to do - should he redshirt (if it's not too late), or possibly even transfer. Not saying he should do either one, but they exist as alternatives for his future, and the likelihood of one or the other just grew significantly.

Love what I see from Roberson for the most part, but he's REALLY going to have to work on his jumper in the off-season. Most of the time it looks like the ball never even gets above the rim at its peak. I don't think I've ever seen a flatter shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom