The Upside - Florida State | Syracusefan.com

The Upside - Florida State

SWC75

Bored Historian
- We knew we were likely to be 0-3 in these three games. We could have competed better than we did but no one should be shocked by this result.

- The defense made some big stops, including a couple of 4th down stops deep in our territory. Those are the equivalent of turnovers. (At least they would have been big if our offense could have produced more than it did.)

- LeQuint Allen is a baller. With everything collapsing around him, he rushed for 110 combative yards on 19 carries (5.8). If we’d had 22 LeQuint Allens, we win.

- Justin Barron’s right arm again led with 11 tackles and 2 TFLs.

- Jack Stonehouse averaged 46.2 yards on 9 punts.

- We were good boys with 2 penalties for 10 yards. They had 6 for 50, two for 25 yards by the same guy on the same play!

- This season will be defined by what we do in our last 5 games, against teams that are 12-16, after a well-time bye week. Dino just said on the radio “the schedule comes back to us”.

4-3 with 5, (or 6) to go

Let’s Go Orange!

- We knew we were likely to be 0-3 in these three games. We could have competed better than we did but no one should be shocked by this result.

- The defense made some big stops, including a couple of 4th down stops deep in our territory. Those are the equivalent of turnovers. (At least they would have been big if our offense could have produced more than it did.)

- LeQuint Allen is a baller. With everything collapsing around him, he rushed for 110 combative yards on 19 carries (5.8). If we’d had 22 LeQuint Allens, we win.

- We were good boys with 2 penalties for 10 yards. They had 6 for 50, two for 25 yards by the same guy on the same play!

- This season will be defined by what we do in our last 5 games, against teams that are 12-16, after a well-time bye week. Dino just said on the radio “the schedule comes back to us”.

4-3 with 5, (or 6) to go

Let’s Go Orange!
I had to open this page with admiration that you could come up with an upside to that mess we just watched. I agree. 4-3 or even 3-4 were where we were going to be at this stage.

Nice game from Allen and the D wasn’t that bad played hard and got some stops when it was still close.

4-3 with 5, (or 6) to go

Let’s Go Orange!
Allen is a beast. Dude was fired up all game and he is a leader on the field.

I hope we can hold onto him this off-season

If we’re a brand on the rise, than nothing less than 5-0 makes that a true statement.
We played the best team in the country today, IMO. And I guess you could say we got our asses kicked.

How refreshing though, against the best team in the ACC, only two penalties along with stopping them on fourth down a few times was great feeling for me. And, my mind is on instant replay when Jordan Travis was blind sided by I think Kevin Jobity. What a hit. Jordan is going to feel that for awhile.

FLST has NFL type players on their D line. Le Quint Allen didn't give a damn and rushed for 110 YDS anyway.

Shrader, food poisoning. I thought he looked off - confirmed by Dino in his post game presser. Too bad.

A week to heal and maybe come back to the team we were.

Rocky Long’s defense is a definite positive. Defense is not costing us games.

4-3 with 5, (or 6) to go

Let’s Go Orange!
Steve I guess we just need to realize that living through the Ben years, and the Mac, P years were the good times in our lives.
We apparently can't compete in this new era, and that's, ok.
Looks like we might be in for another basketball ride with Red.

Steve I guess we just need to realize that living through the Ben years, and the Mac, P years were the good times in our lives.
We apparently can't compete in this new era, and that's, ok.
Looks like we might be in for another basketball ride with Red.

That's what I thought in 1986.

That's what I thought in 1986.
We all did, but there were signs that things were getting better. Donnie was coming back and there were pieces that were starting to come together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom