The Upside - Louisville II | Syracusefan.com

The Upside - Louisville II

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Tyus Battle was the one player who seemed to know how to attack the defense and he perhaps his best game of the season, scoring 20 points against a very good team and keeping us in the game over some the bad stretches, especially in the first half.

- Tyler Lydon had a double-double with 17 points, 10 rebounds and 3 steals. He may not do everything we want him to do but he does plenty.

- John Gillon’s free throw streak continues at 47. Matt Park said he no longer even touches the rim. We were 20 for 22 from the line and are shooting 73% on the season, which would be a huge advantage if we were protecting leads at the end of games. Not that we do that.

- Jim finally admitted his team might be tired and could perhaps use this next week off. It’s a start.

17-13 (9-8) with 1+ to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!

- Tyus Battle was the one player who seemed to know how to attack the defense and he perhaps his best game of the season, scoring 20 points against a very good team and keeping us in the game over some the bad stretches, especially in the first half.

- Tyler Lydon had a double-double with 17 points, 10 rebounds and 3 steals. He may not do everything we want him to do but he does plenty.

- John Gillon’s free throw streak continues at 47. Matt Park said he no longer even touches the rim. We were 20 for 22 from the line and are shooting 73% on the season, which would be a huge advantage if we were protecting leads at the end of games. Not that we do that.

- Jim finally admitted his team might be tired and could perhaps use this next week off. It’s a start.

17-13 (9-8) with 1+ to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!
I would agree with you on the tired thing (ie maybe AW and TL) but SU had what? 6 days off against GTech and it didnt work out too well.

Honestly, our record is so much better than I thought it would be back in January ... and we have had a bunch of thrilling wins. This team has given us a lot to cheer for.

Today looked like a big step back but if it weren't for all the turnovers we would have made it a close affair. Loads of potential on the court, when we tap that we are damn good.

Honestly, our record is so much better than I thought it would be back in January ... and we have had a bunch of thrilling wins. This team has given us a lot to cheer for.

Today looked like a big step back but if it weren't for all the turnovers we would have made it a close affair. Loads of potential on the court, when we tap that we are damn good.
So how would you compare last years team to this years team? Would you have described last years team the same way after pitt acc tourney loss- ie loads of potential, when we tap that...??

Just very undecided if this team remotely has in them what last years team somehow had in them in March. But why not!?

I think it's all about how many of our starters are having productive games. We're simply not a good defensive team but we have plenty of firepower. If 5 guys are 'on', we can beat anybody. if it's 4 we'll beat most teams and could have a good post season run. We can be competitive with 3. less than that against a good team, (like today), forget it.

I think it's all about how many of our starters are having productive games. We're simply not a good defensive team but we have plenty of firepower. If 5 guys are 'on', we can beat anybody. if it's 4 we'll beat most teams and could have a good post season run. We can be competitive with 3. less than that against a good team, (like today), forget it.
Couldnt agree more. You could see it all shaping up poorly in first half. This team just cant put it all together for extended periods of time. And its not just in the losses, even in the wins we usually fall behind by 10+ (Or look at 2nd half against fla st) and its because during that time we have maybe 1-2 guys producing at a high level. We have seen there are 4-5 guys capable of playing at a high level, they just cant click in a way that they are all doing it together at same time consistently for extended mins. Its cliche but its teamwork and execution. Not consistent enough

So how would you compare last years team to this years team? Would you have described last years team the same way after pitt acc tourney loss- ie loads of potential, when we tap that...??

Just very undecided if this team remotely has in them what last years team somehow had in them in March. But why not!?
The upside of this team is higher, in my opinion, because they can get some stops on defense and have a lot of weapons on the offensive end. And the free throws ... you know this was a bizarro season when we started hitting free throws like mad.

Our weak links this year seem much more glaring than last year. Howard just looks lost out there at times. Who knows which Robey will show up to any given game. No one is motivated to crash the glass (after several games mid year when they were outstanding in this respect.).

This team could go toe to toe with anyone on their good nights. Or it could get blown out. Last year's team didn't get blown out like this and while I cringed when Cooney hoisted up a three his defense and ball handling were strong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom