The Upside - NC State | Syracusefan.com

The Upside - NC State

SWC75

Bored Historian
- My brother was in town from Hawaii and had never been to a Dom e game. I was able to take him to this one and we had a great time, creating some great memories.

- Before the season the goal was to get to 6 wins and thus make it to a bowl game.
1665892596318.png

- I’ve heard several sources saying this is the third SU team to get to 6-0 and the other two, (1959 and 1987) went on to win all their regular season games. Actually, we’ve done it five other times: 1923, 1925, 1931, 1934 and 1935. But that was the era when we began the year playing 2-3 Wagner -type games before having to face “big time” opposition. I don’t see us going undefeated but it will be fun to see how many games we can with and see prospective bowl match-up look more and more interesting.

- We gutted out another tough win over a good team, even if they were missing Devin Leary: Joe Chambers offered a different set of problems.

- We now have a ‘Big Three’ on offense, instead of a ‘Big Two’. Oronde Gadsden caught 8 passes for 141 yards and 2 touchdowns. He now ahs 31 catches for 507 yards and 5 scores halfway though the season and those numbers are going to rise. He’s a huge target with good moves and great hands. Dino said after he had an uncharacteristic drop, he was actually pleased as he knew that means that Oronde wasn’t going to drop one the rest of the game. And he didn’t.

- Sean Tucker looked more like Sean Tucker, opening the game with a 38 yard run to set up a touchdown and closing the show with a 25 yard touchdown run, (with Garrett Shrader as his lead blocker).

- The two-man game between Shrader and Tucker that was so effective last year started to re-appear. Shrader had 81 yards on 16 carries, some of them the QB draws Anae seems to prefer but later in the game Shrader started to fake to Tucker before he ran and started getting big yardage.

- But in the end, not for the first time this year, it was about Tony White’s amazing defense, which keeps losing players but still performs at a very high level, allowing us to keep control of the game even when the offense sputtered.

6-0 with 6+ to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!

I am in Minneapolis this weekend with 5 Wisconsin girlfriends. I can’t stand it that I missed this game! I had friends text me updates and when they told me the Dome was almost full, my heart was ready to burst from gladness. I recorded the game and will watch it when I get home. I couldn’t WAIT until we all went to bed tonight and I could read this board.

SIGH.

It’s been so long since we had an exciting team. This is Magic Time.

I am in Minneapolis this weekend with 5 Wisconsin girlfriends. I can’t stand it that I missed this game! I had friends text me updates and when they told me the Dome was almost full, my heart was ready to burst from gladness. I recorded the game and will watch it when I get home. I couldn’t WAIT until we all went to bed tonight and I could read this board.

SIGH.

It’s been so long since we had an exciting team. This is Magic Time.
I like Minneapolis, a nice city. Liked all the urban hiking and urban green spaces. Vibrant city center area, we even checked out all the Mary Tyler Moore landmarks, lots of fun

The D kept things calm even when we shot ourselves in the foot on O in the second.

If we hadn't, this is a 38-9 game.

Going to need to ask a lot more from the Offense the next month or so, as the D keeps playing next man up.

The D kept things calm even when we shot ourselves in the foot on O in the second.

If we hadn't, this is a 38-9 game.

Going to need to ask a lot more from the Offense the next month or so, as the D keeps playing next man up.
In the second quarter, yes the offense could have put up a bunch of points if not for interceptions. But Shrader has to be aggressive, and sometimes the opponents are going to get take-always.

in the second half, NC State sustained 2 time consuming drives, ending only in field goals. It is a glass half full — our defense could not get off the field, but field goals aren’t going to win games. In between those 2 NC State drives, our offense had a long drive ending in 7 points. Defense bent a lot, but made stops.

Last night when they mentioned 6-0 for rhe 3rd time they made a point to say since 1935.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom