The Upside - Pitt 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Upside - Pitt 2

SWC75

Bored Historian
- We got our 4 ACC road win and 5th true road win on the season. Somebody said that it wasn’t a “pretty” win. Games can be ugly but wins are always at least cute. Beating Pitt never gets old – and it’s going to get tougher under Jeff Capel. We need to enjoy it now.

- Our defense shut most of their offense down. McGowan, who averages 14 a game, was 0 for 5 and had 2 points. I thought for a while we might threaten the record for futility established today by NC State. As it was, about the only way Pitt could score was from the foul line for long stretches of the game.

- Oshae Brissett looked like the player we remember form last year and had his best game of this year with 18 points and 12 rebounds. He even made a Twilight Zone jumper. I really think he could make those all day. If he can play this way the rest of the way, anything is possible.

- Paschal Chukwu had the pilot light on the whole game, scoring 10 points, grabbing 8 rebounds and playing strong interior defense until the final minutes when the defense was extended to guard against threes. He even got poked in the heart and recovered from it.
- Frank Howard made some huge shots down the stretch, both from the field and from the line. Consecutive treys sandwiched around one by Wilson-Frame pushed us from 43-38 to 49-41. He had 8 of our last 24 points and wound up with 15. He’s another guy who is looking like the player we saw last year.

- Battle and Hughes gave us very little but we still found a way to beat Pitt in their place. This team has a lot of guys who be the hero. We just need 2-3 guys to come through and we can win. If we ever get everybody going at once, GAME OVER.

16-6 (7-2) and with 9+ to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!

What I thought was the best, when the long shots weren't falling and they fell behind, they started going inside a lot sooner than in previous game. Chewie got some say points, Brissett drove and scored. These are things they didn't do so early in games before.

What I thought was the best, when the long shots weren't falling and they fell behind, they started going inside a lot sooner than in previous game. Chewie got some say points, Brissett drove and scored. These are things they didn't do so early in games before.

Yep, there comes a time each year that we have to get back to basics.
Let's turn around this ridiculous disparity at the foul line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom