The Upside- South Carolina | Syracusefan.com

The Upside- South Carolina

SWC75

Bored Historian
- It can be a good thing to lose your illusions. It forces you to deal with reality. This loss could be as much a cornerstone to what this team will become as a win would have been.

- Tyler Lydon had seemed tentative until this game, concentrating on getting the ball for his team but deferring to other offensively. His team was struggling today and he took over, carrying it as far as he could with, as JB said “not much help”.

- Our defense wasn’t terrible, at least not in the second half when we held them to 27 points and made it a game for a while. The problem is, we scored only 24 and 50 for the game.

- I suppose it was good practice for playing Wisconsin, who should be even tougher. The question is: can we improve our game enough to compete with them by Tuesday?

4-1 with 26+ to go!

LET’S GO ORANGE!

Best I could under the circumstances. Is there anything to add to it?
Not that I can think of. But I can't seem to think any more!

This is still probably one of those "if SU and SC played a 7 game series, SU would win" scenarios. The tv announcers were often mistaken or error prone ("Tyler Robertson"), but they were dead on about how exquisitely key SC players were able to draw SU bigs around at will. The good news is that that'll be corrected, except for maybe Chukwu, who will ride pine if he doesn't get it.

SU also had bad games in several areas that contributed to the loss. Carolina did play awesomely, at least in terms of being so motivated, and so efficient on their terms (pass ball, kill clock, get ball to skinny Estonian guy for point blank lay-ups, etc.).

- It can be a good thing to lose your illusions. It forces you to deal with reality. This loss could be as much a cornerstone to what this team will become as a win would have been.

- Tyler Lydon had seemed tentative until this game, concentrating on getting the ball for his team but deferring to other offensively. His team was struggling today and he took over, carrying it as far as he could with, as JB said “not much help”.

- Our defense wasn’t terrible, at least not in the second half when we held them to 27 points and made it a game for a while. The problem is, we scored only 24 and 50 for the game.

- I suppose it was good practice for playing Wisconsin, who should be even tougher. The question is: can we improve our game enough to compete with them by Tuesday?

4-1 with 26+ to go!

LET’S GO ORANGE!
I think this game was much more beneficial than playing another cupcake. Jim will use this loss as a learning experience for the team. The team now knows what it needs to work on. Especially the point guards. The sky is still the limit for this team. Coach warned us before the season that there would be a lot of growing pains.

-

Why will Wiscy be even tougher? USC's defense and physical style really impressed me. Can Wiscy match that? I guess we'll see.

Well at least nobody got injured. Best you can say. SC kept switching their defense between man and a 3-2 zone which seemed to confuse us. The 3-2 is a defense we don't see and our guards looked unprepared as to how to attack it. At least Wisconsin will play strictly man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom