The Upside - Virginia | Syracusefan.com

The Upside - Virginia

SWC75

Bored Historian
- JJ Starling took advantage of the defensive attention Judah Mintz got to find some open shots and led us with 16 points on 6 for 12 shooting, including 2 for 3 from deep after his 1 for 18 start. Strangely, he had no rebounds, which had been a strong suit for him. But he and 2 assists and a steal.

- Maliq was his usual opportunist, getting 10 points, 5 rebounds and a seal in 24 minutes.

- Quadir Copland, as usual, added some energy with 8 points and team leading 6 rebs in 23 minutes.

- Benny Williams hustles every time they put him in there. He knows he’s got to prove himself all over again. He had 2 rebounds, 2 blocks and 2 steals in 17 minutes.

- When the season began, you looked at this one as a loss, didn’t you? Well you were right. We’ve got 23 more games to prove ourselves.

5-3 with 23+ to go…

LET’S GO ORANGE!

Net Points

This year I’m going to make things a bit easier on myself and just list the net points in each game after the Upside. Once a month I’ll do a deeper dive into the numbers rather than doing a “Net Points, etc.” post after every game. ‘Net’ points is the positives (points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks) minus the negatives, (missed field goals and free throws, turnovers and fouls committed).

Maliq Brown 10NP in 25 minutes.
Quadir Copeland 10NP in 23 minutes
JJ Starling 9NP in 32 minutes
Naheem McLeod 6NP in 15 minutes
Benny Williams 3NP in 17 minutes
Kyle Cuffe 2NP in 6 minutes
Justin Taylor 1NP in 28 minutes
Chris Bell 0NP in 27 minutes (He had 17NP against LSU)
Judah Mintz -1NP in 27 minutes (He had 32NP vs. LSU)

Recruited players who did not play: Peter Carey, Mounir Hima, William Patterson, Chance Westry

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom