The Upside | Syracusefan.com

The Upside

SWC75

Bored Historian
- We expected to be 3-1 and we are 3-1. It’s a been a wild ride, but we are where are supposed to be, halfway to a bowl game. We’ve now got a great chance to be 5-1 going into the meat of the Big East schedule, needing only one more win to secure a second straight bowl appearance and continue the rebuilding of the program.

- That first SU TD was a thing of beauty. Nassib saw Provo was about to break into the open. He helped him out with a pump fake and then just lofted the ball to Nick for the score. It’s the type of play that would have been incomplete in other years. There’s a feeling of confidence out there we haven’t seen in years.

- Coach Marrone wants us to credit his leadership program. After rallying to win twice in OT and once in the fourth quarter this year, maybe it’s time we gave him the credit he’s asking for. We’ve had teams that would have been 0-4 right now.

- We are using more and more players. I love the look of Gulley, West, Foster, etc. West Foster and Fleming are all huge-looking wideouts who can get downfield and make plays.

- We have a punter. Jonathan Fisher boomed punts with good hang time. It looked more like the Carney/Long days. He wound up at only 39.3 but only one was returned for 7 yards.

- We got four kick-off returns for a 31.5 average - two each from Kobena and Graham. Thanks to the flag, the dangerous Eric Page was held to 22.8. He also had that one punt return for 7 yards.

- We’ve faced the dangerous Josh Harris on Wake Forest, the dangerous Robert Wood of USC and now the dangerous Eric Page of Toledo. They’ve scored once between them.

- Bud Wilkinson said “I’d rather be lucky than good“. I’d amend that to say that I like being good enough that when we are lucky, we win.

3-1 and 8 to be done

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom