The Upside | Syracusefan.com

The Upside

SWC75

Bored Historian
- I love golf and I like billiards, too. But bowling is a great sport. And SU is going bowling!

- When life gives you lemon, make Lemonade! Alec had 12 catches for 244 yards and two score, including the winner. If he’d caught that ^$^%!(*^# one on the first drive, he would have beaten Scott Schwedes’ 27 year old record for receiving yards in one game. And he was doing it against an SEC, (abit a new one). Also credit Ryan Nassib for hitting Alec in stride and the coaches for coming up with these pass routes that open Lemon up over the middle. I’ll say it again: Nassib is at his best on the intermediate range pass over the middle and they are using that ability to it’s fullest.

- After those first two Missouri score- you can’t really call them drives as they went through us like we weren’t even there - it looked like we couldn’t stop this team. A blow-out loss seemed imminent. But this coaching staff knows how to make in-game adjustments. Not just halftime adjustments. In game adjustments. They didn’t score another touchdown until the fourth period and then just got the one. We held them to field goals just before the half and at the end of the game and came back to score touchdowns. Ball game.

- To heck with Sheldon Richardson. I’ll take Deon Goggins, Jay Bromley, Brandon Sharpe and Marcus Pierce-Brewster. You would think Missouri was full of NFL type offensive linemen but our guys dominated up front and made some huge plays.

- Marcus Murphy came in having returned four kicks for TDs. He had three kick-off returns for 61 yards and two punt returns for 5 yards. For us Jeremiah Kobena has 3 kickoff returns for 52 yards and Ritchey Desir had 3 punt returns for 8 yards. A wash in an area where we supposedly couldn’t match them.

- After some shaky games Ross Krautman kicked a 44 yard field goal while their guy missed one. That last possession for Missouri might have been more interesting if it was 31-30. Jonathan Fisher did a nice job punting, keeping it away from Murphy on 4 of 6 kicks and pinning the Tigers on their own two yard line.

- We had 508 yards, 25 first downs, were 7 for 15 on third down but 1 for 1 on fourth down and scored 31 points on the road vs. and SEC team. The Cam Dantley days seem like a long time ago.

- Just like the South Florida game, we made our big comeback, then fell behind again but came back to tie it again. But here we fell behind still one more time, but came back to win. The interception with 4:34 left should have sealed our fate but it didn’t. Don’t give on these guys. Don’t ever give up.

- This will give Dr. Gross the opportunity he needs to extend Marrone’s contract so the recruiting that made victories like this one possible. I think that’s the most important thing we needed to accomplish this season. Sorry, Tristy! (By the way, how does Lane Kiffin look to you now?

6-5 and strive for two more.

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!

U like billiards? Where do you shoot?

Tully's. I'm not very good but it's fun and I don't have room for a table in my house. I don't know any of the games, (8 ball, 9 ball). I just see how many shots it takes to get them all in. My average is 26.

It needs to be said: Bromley was nearly passed over completely if not for the Upstate/Downstate game. Snags a late offer, commits, and has become one of the best DTs in the country.

It needs to be said: Bromley was nearly passed over completely if not for the Upstate/Downstate game. Snags a late offer, commits, and has become one of the best DTs in the country.
The fact that we were able to rush three with relative success for a number of plays not only surprises me but excites me. We'll miss Goggins and Sharpe, but we still have Bromley, Pierce-Brewster, Crume, Robinson, Welsh, and Jones returning and not even mentioning Manley and the recruits coming in.

The push by the 3 man rush was the most impressive thing I saw last night. They blitz and had no sacks and our 3 pushed their lineman like they were playing against their little brothers.

The fact that we were able to rush three with relative success for a number of plays not only surprises me but excites me. We'll miss Goggins and Sharpe, but we still have Bromley, Pierce-Brewster, Crume, Robinson, Welsh, and Jones returning and not even mentioning Manley and the recruits coming in.

Don't forget Sloan, Walls and Raymon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom