The Upside | Syracusefan.com

The Upside

SWC75

Bored Historian
- That was perhaps the least painful loss I’ve ever felt for an SU team. The great thing about college basketball over college football is that one upset doesn’t ruin your season if you consider yourself to be a national championship contender. It was apparent long before the end that this could be our first loss and I was emotionally prepared for it. It was frustrating but not heart-breaking or image-shattering. All the talk about how great we are was blown away and I think that’s a good thing. This is a talented young team with a long way to go before it’s a really good one and the players and fans need to understand that. I don’t think they would if that goose egg after the dash was still there. It wasn’t a wake up call. It was a reality check.

- CJ Fair, after operating in low gear since the first half of the San Diego State game, exploded for 25 points on 8 for 12 shooting. He also had 7 rebounds. Nice to have you back, CJ!

- Turnovers had been a problem but we had only 11 of them in this game, despite the defensive pressure Temple put, challenging every drive and shot.

- For all the problems, just make some ^%^$#@#$! Free throws and we’re OK.

10-1 and twenty to be done! (and then some!)

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!

- That was perhaps the least painful loss I’ve ever felt for an SU team. The great thing about college basketball over college football is that one upset doesn’t ruin your season if you consider yourself to be a national championship contender. It was apparent long before the end that this could be our first loss and I was emotionally prepared for it. It was frustrating but not heart-breaking or image-shattering. All the talk about how great we are was blown away and I think that’s a good thing. This is a talented young team with a long way to go before it’s a really good one and the players and fans need to understand that. I don’t think they would if that goose egg after the dash was still there. It wasn’t a wake up call. It was a reality check.

- CJ Fair, after operating in low gear since the first half of the San Diego State game, exploded for 25 points on 8 for 12 shooting. He also had 7 rebounds. Nice to have you back, CJ!

- Turnovers had been a problem but we had only 11 of them in this game, despite the defensive pressure Temple put, challenging every drive and shot.

- For all the problems, just make some ^%^$#@#$! Free throws and we’re OK.

10-1 and twenty to be done! (and then some!)

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!
I am impressed that you could come up with this post.

Love your posts, SWC, but I think you missed a big upside, and that was the play of BMK who was very solid and continues to show improvement on the O end.

Good post. Agree - this loss wasn't too frustrating; I thought we'd lose earlier than this. The team needed a kick in the ass; the fanbase has been wowed by high assist totals and another undefeated start, but this has clearly been a group that can stand to improve.

This should give Boeheim a few days' worth of things to harp on in practice. I hope we never see our point guard attempt 17 field goals again. And I hope we recover the defensive intensity in which our players took pride in the past three seasons.

Sorry to see the non-conference streak end. Beyond that, only good things can come from this loss.