The Upside | Syracusefan.com

The Upside

SWC75

Bored Historian
- We are 4-2. We could have been 0-6 but we are 4-2. We need to scratch out 2 more wins to wind up in a bowl game. Like Coach Mac always said, a victory over a major college football team is always a valuable thing.

- This team drives us crazy but they’ve won 8 of their last nine games decided by a touchdown or less. (If Bailey had not had that uncharacteristic fumble, it might have been 9 of 9 and wouldn’t that be remarkable.) They often misfire but they keep their poise and make the plays needed to win.

- We didn’t have a fourth overtime game, which probably would have been a record, (I’m too tired to look it up). I’d rather be known for something else.

- We finally sprang Jeremiah Kobena for 176 yards on four kick off returns, a tremendous 44 yard average. What a weapon!

- Dorian Graham finally became an offensive weapon, catching the first two touchdown catches of his career.

- We also found Ant Bailey for four passes. He caught 35 last year and 27 the year before that. It’s a big part of his game but he’d only caught 9 balls in the first five games. He also had his third straight 100 yard game and fourth of the year. He’s on a pace for 1106 yards. People said he’s not a 20-25 carry back. He’s had that many in 4 of 6 games.

- 9 different receivers caught passes - four wideouts, three backs and two tight ends.

- There was an Adonis Ameen-Moore sighting. Matt Park called him “The Bus” and that’s what he looks like. (I’m going to call him “Centro”.) He even has #36. He had a modest 4 carries for 14 yards but punched some holes in people to get it. But after each carry he looks to the sideline and comes out. I’d love to see him in there with Bailey.

- Marquis Spruill was all over the field. If only we had 11 guys like that.

- We may have seen the last of Shane Raupers. Jonathan Fisher kicked the last 5 punts after Shane opened with a 21 yarder.

- Ross Krautman drilled three field goals and four extra points. We need him back on track and he seems to be.

- Thank God- or Tulane- for that roughing the passer call.

4-2 and 6 to do

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!

I guess one "upside" we can take from this is that, if a sporting event involving Syracuse University taking place in the Super Dome is decided by three points, we're probably going to come out on top.

...dont think you are looking at this as positively as you should...

1. Wake Forest is 3-0 in ACC and just torched FSU
---we beat Wake Forest
2. Toledo rolled Maryland and lost by 5 to Ohio State
--we beat Toledo
3. Rutgirls (not them) rolled Pitt
--we lost--gave game away---
4. USC is pretty darn good

Overall...at 4-2...we are a good team...if you look at from another point of view...we beat 4 teams in ACC including FSU...we probably give Ohio State a good game...and can beat Pitt and others in BE...

I am projecting a 7-5 at worst for this year and maybe 8-4...not so bad is it...and a good bowl game to boot!

...dont think you are looking at this as positively as you should...

1. Wake Forest is 3-0 in ACC and just torched FSU
---we beat Wake Forest
2. Toledo rolled Maryland and lost by 5 to Ohio State
--we beat Toledo
3. Rutgirls (not them) rolled Pitt
--we lost--gave game away---
4. USC is pretty darn good

Overall...at 4-2...we are a good team...if you look at from another point of view...we beat 4 teams in ACC including FSU...we probably give Ohio State a good game...and can beat Pitt and others in BE...

I am projecting a 7-5 at worst for this year and maybe 8-4...not so bad is it...and a good bowl game to boot!

I find it impossible to project anything with this team and projecting things is what sports fans like to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom