The Upside | Syracusefan.com

The Upside

SWC75

Bored Historian
- This isn’t really an “upside”, just some perspective. I’ve looked through my pre-season magazines and South Florida was projected to be the #2 team in the conference and not far behind West Virginia. We were projected to be #4 through #6. From that perspective, a 17-37 loss might not have been unexpected, especially with our rebuilding defense and their historical success against us. This game wasn’t an upset or a What loss. Just a disappointment. And we don’t have a 10-2 team or an 8-4 team. We still might have a 6-6 team and if, with two weeks to prepare, we could knock off the Bearcats, we’ll be thinking 7-5- and 8-5.

- I love Ryan Nassib’s toughness and leadership. I like the fact that they let him run the ball more. He’s capable of that and it gives us the extra dimension that BJ Daniels gives USF. It was quite a duel between them and if our guys had caught the ball it wouldn’t be clear who had won it. BJ passed for 254 yards but no scores and ran for 125 yards and a score. Ryan passed for 297 yards and two scores and ran for 45 yards. That’s 342 yards and 2 scores even with the drops for Ryan and 379 yards and 1 score for BJ. A wash.

Alec Lemon is turning into a real receiving star. He had 10 catches for 179 yards and two scores, one from 58 yards out after having 9 catches for 157 yards vs. Connecticut. He’s been “winning” vs. the coverage as well as “YACing” after he gets the ball. So who does Cincinnati double team- Alec or Nick? It’s a pleasant dilemma- for us.

- In this crazy conference, you can’t look at any game and say that we will win it or at any game and say we can’t win it.

5-5 with two more to strive for

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom