The View From 331: Liberty | Syracusefan.com

The View From 331: Liberty

DoubleDee

All American
First, my apologies to the droves of readers that have been bouncing off the walls waiting for this post. I am a very busy and important man.:rolleyes:

Not a lot to report. Small crowd, and arrived later than normal, so naturally not as much caught my eye.

Girls: Put on some clothes, and give your Mom her jeans back.

The lights going down for team intro video was great. Nothing much different overall, but a nice added touch. Doing the same for the Alma mater while giving the place an orange hue was a nice touch as well. I did however find an issue during the National Anthem. If you are gonna go dark, you have to light the flags. It's a flag "rule". They have a bunch of people pulling a flag open on the field but then turn out the lights. If you aren't going to light it, don't do it.

Now that we have stats and such on the center hung, can we wake up the guy that does it? In the first quarter at one point, Tucker had 132 yards, when in reality he did not. SU had 286 rushing yards vs Liberty's 7. Again, wrong. Total yards 623 vs 135. Again, wrong. I realize I'm being a bit petty, but this is major college football folks, and these are the basics.

I almost forgot the students. Well done kids. You showed up, and your presence was very well know. Bravo.

I'm sorry to say I only have one more thing. Surprised to be told that we could not request, after many years of doing so, double cheese on our nachos. We were told they cannot do it anymore. I know that will upset many. So if you didn't already know, it's time to figure out how to smuggle in your own hot cheese for your nachos. Good luck, I hope for your sake it doesn't leak.

Until next time.

LGO

First, my apologies to the droves of readers that have been bouncing off the walls waiting for this post. I am a very busy and important man.:rolleyes:

Not a lot to report. Small crowd, and arrived later than normal, so naturally not as much caught my eye.

The lights going down for team intro video was great. Nothing much different overall, but a nice added touch. Doing the same for the Alma mater while giving the place an orange hue was a nice touch as well. I did however find an issue during the National Anthem. If you are gonna go dark, you have to light the flags. It's a flag "rule". They have a bunch of people pulling a flag open on the field but then turn out the lights. If you aren't going to light it, don't do it.

Now that we have stats and such on the center hung, can we wake up the guy that does it? In the first quarter at one point, Tucker had 132 yards, when in reality he did not. SU had 286 rushing yards vs Liberty's 7. Again, wrong. Total yards 623 vs 135. Again, wrong. I realize I'm being a bit petty, but this is major college football folks, and these are the basics.

I almost forgot the students. Well done kids. You showed up, and your presence was very well know. Bravo.

I'm sorry to say I only have one more thing. Surprised to be told that we could not request, after many years of doing so, double cheese on our nachos. We were told they cannot do it anymore. I know that will upset many. So if you didn't already know, it's time to figure out how to smuggle in your own hot cheese for your nachos. Good luck, I hope for your sake it doesn't leak.

Until next time.

LGO
And so finally the reason for the small crowds is uncovered. “Cheesegate”

Until next time.

LGO

Completely insensitive of you to bring up, when you know good and well there is a national nacho cheese shortage.

Until next time.

LGO

Very interesting, I got double cheese the first game….

However, it was pre-packed cheese and just not the same so haven’t ordered it since then

Since you only get like 15 chips in the $9 box you really don't need double cheese do you? Hate to say it but not impressed with the new concessions. Granted I was spoiled in the lower bowl and know that options were slim up top but this pre-boxed stuff just isn't very good. Fries get soggy, buns are dried out, and idk what they did with the fountain soda's but I won't buy one again. I've had two this year, both were horrible and tasted nothing like actual Mt Dew.

And I just watched a YT vid on a dude that got botulism from nachos and cheese. Granted it came from a convenience store, but can't imagine the dome's nachos and cheese are much different.

Until next time.

LGO
Double cheese is for animals. Salsa is vital.

Until next time.

LGO
I have very strong feelings about this nacho situation. As far as I’m concerned the nachos grande with jalapeños and double cheese were the best food option in the Dome and they’ve totally ruined it.

Until next time.

LGO
See Flag waving on scoreboard

I agree the concessions are absolutely awful now

the food is not good, it’s literally like getting it from a gas station where it has sat out for hours.

and they ruined dome nachos and I’ll forever hold that against them

I agree the concessions are absolutely awful now

the food is not good, it’s literally like getting it from a gas station where it has sat out for hours.

and they ruined dome nachos and I’ll forever hold that against them
I’m a little surprised at everyone’s reactions. Our options were so little. And we had steamed hotdogs in soggy buns for years. Now we have a ton more, and we’re now complaining about the quality. This years tenders are a world better than previous ones.

I’m a little surprised at everyone’s reactions. Our options were so little. And we had steamed hotdogs in soggy buns for years. Now we have a ton more, and we’re now complaining about the quality. This years tenders are a world better than previous ones.

I will say, I have yet to try the tendies

but they ruined dome nachos and that really upsets me because I LOVED Dome nachos

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom