The View From 331: Pittsburgh | Syracusefan.com

The View From 331: Pittsburgh

DoubleDee

All American
Boy oh boy you better soak this one in a bit, it will be the last one for quite a while.

Cuse on the Quad was of course canceled. I can't say I'm shocked, but it is a bit discouraging. It does give the feeling that they're "packing it in" for the year. The forecast was not good, and quite honestly they probably knew better than to expect a large crowd. As a business decision, it was probably wise. The tents, food prep, and staff would create more overhead than they could get back in sales. Anyway, Covid tents were up and entry was smooth as silk.

After giving our guest for the game a grand tour of the new Dome, we made our way around the entire Dome looking for Peanut m&ms, which have been sold there for years. After finding every stand "out", I finally asked a confession worker. "Not available anymore, due to peanut allergies". I'm sorry, what? Well guess what folks? That knocks out snickers and bags of peanuts as well. Show me a stadium that doesn't have peanuts. I'm not sure I can handle living on this planet anymore with it's current inhabitants. Things are getting ridiculous. You might find this offensive, but if you have a peanut allergies, it ain't my problem, don't eat peanut m&ms. I don't know what to add to this.

I'm not sure, but I believe this was the first time that the team lined up for kickoff to "ALL ABOARD!!!!" as Ozzy's Crazy Train rang through the joint. I liked it, and it marries well with Lil Jon's "let's Go" which is used in a video later that has the Crazy Train sample in it. All that, with the train whistle, ties nicely.

Love, love, love the way the fanbase has taken to yelling DUUUUUUUUUUUUCE after he has a big play. Simple, yet meaningful.

No cheerleaders with mics. BRAV-O!!

As a huge supporter of letting the band play like at any other college football game in the world, I was pleased to see maybe a little more than we have been seeing. But that's where my positive comments stop. The 300 section little off-shoot band made an appearance, which is the first time I remember this year. They played over the top of the Dance Squads announced performance. Then a little later, the women's basketball team came out to toss t shirts during a canned music piece, and they played during that. Then when the main band played, they played at the exact same time. Musical chaos. Unnecessary musical chaos. I know someone is steering this ship, so take note, and don't let that happen again. Its rude to the dancers, its rude to the t shirt toss segment, and its rude to the general fans mental well being.

As long as I can remember, it seems as if when the opponent has a 3rd and 6, we give them 7. And if we have a 3rd and 15, we throw a 14 yard pass. It's crazy. And don't tell me I'm wrong. Doesn't it seem that way?

The addition of the noise meter, albeit fake, really drums up some noise. I like it.

Overall, as a fan, my kid and I had fun. Could it better? Anything can use improvements. But we are definitely moving in the right direction. With the layout and footprint of the Dome, I think Covid, combined with the tech of today, really did us all a favor as far as concourse congestion, and efficiency at concessions. I for one love the new system, and if I heard right, the upper level will eventually have more to offer as well.

I don't touch the football aspect of my experiences on these award winning write-ups, but as it is the last game, I'll just say we need to do something. I don't know what it is, but it needs to happen. The older I get, the more I long for the days of Coach P. I'm sick of having to tell my boy of the glory days that he has not really witnessed other than '18. He watched the Marrone years with me, but he was really really little. Let's raise a glass to a better '22. Dilly Dilly!

Until next time,

LGO

When we lose Peanut M&Ms, all is lost.

addition of the noise meter?? Very cool. Really makes you wonder if they read the board and take suggestions. We were talking about a visible noise meter earlier in the season.

addition of the noise meter?? Very cool. Really makes you wonder if they read the board and take suggestions. We were talking about a visible noise meter earlier in the season.

No but there are more than a couple people that are on this board that are on the Cuse council who suggest ideas to the athletic department from comments on here ;)

you are not wrong about 3rd and long. have been watching it for years.

This is my one criticism of White's defense this year. I thought far too often on 3rd and long he went conservative and would only rush 3 or 4. And it seemed to occur more often later in the season. I was going crazy about it even in the Pitt game and of course there was that huge play in the Wake game.

I noticed the disparity in coaching/support staff

Pitt must have had over 30 staff members in blue jackets on their sideline. Looks to have doubled or tripled the amount of staff on SU's sideline

I’m glad they added it, it was much needed. Not sure why they only use it before the 4th quarter starts though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom