The way MCW is playing, I'm starting to hope he leaves for the NBA. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The way MCW is playing, I'm starting to hope he leaves for the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mcw showed his true colors last year complaining about playing time late in the year when we were 30-1 or whatever.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Kind of agree.

Still think we'd be nuts to wish him away.

MCW tries to be the hero every single game, it's so obvious that he is isn't playing for the good of the team but rather playing to be a lottery pick. It's doesn't appear like be cares much for the team, he doesn't appear to be a team player. It's all about him. Its not just him though, this team has no chemistry whats so ever and it's very frustrating. You could see that the 2010 and 2012 teams really liked each other, I don't see that in this team.

Why is it that taking control himself and trying to make a play to tie/win the game means that he isn't trying to play for the team, but anyone else that gets the ball and tries to make a play is trying to do so for the team? Clearly he doesn't always make the right play. Clearly he doesn't always make that shot. But when you need a play to be made, you generally want the ball in the hands of someone that can make a play for himself and for others. He's the only guy on the team that fits that bill. Scoring deficiencies aside, he's the guy that is most capable of making something positive happen for himself or for a teammate. That doesn't mean he's our best scorer by any stretch. But he's the only guy that can consistently get his own shot off or create an opportunity for a teammate to score.

Why is it that taking control himself and trying to make a play to tie/win the game means that he isn't trying to play for the team, but anyone else that gets the ball and tries to make a play is trying to do so for the team? Clearly he doesn't always make the right play. Clearly he doesn't always make that shot. But when you need a play to be made, you generally want the ball in the hands of someone that can make a play for himself and for others. He's the only guy on the team that fits that bill. Scoring deficiencies aside, he's the guy that is most capable of making something positive happen for himself or for a teammate. That doesn't mean he's our best scorer by any stretch. But he's the only guy that can consistently get his own shot off or create an opportunity for a teammate to score.

Its not just his play, its his attitude. I've never seen someone whine like he does. He wants all the attention. Maybe I'm just so used to Scoop. When Scoop played, he would give his body and soul up for this University. Its day and night compared to MCW.

Its not just his play, its his attitude. I've never seen someone whine like he does. He wants all the attention. Maybe I'm just so used to Scoop. When Scoop played, he would give his body and soul up for this University. Its day and night compared to MCW.

I don't see that at all. I don't know. How often do you watch the NBA? I've never seen people complain the way that NBA players do.

MCW might complain sometimes, but he's also there trying to fire up his teammates or trying to pick Triche up while Triche continues to work through his shooting slump. The players that DON'T complain as much as MCW are a rare breed.

Scoop bled orange. MCW bleeds green.

I don't see that at all. I don't know. How often do you watch the NBA? I've never seen people complain the way that NBA players do.

MCW might complain sometimes, but he's also there trying to fire up his teammates or trying to pick Triche up while Triche continues to work through his shooting slump. The players that DON'T complain as much as MCW are a rare breed.

I tend to agree with (or at least appreciate) your even keel when it comes to Mike, but I've been watching this program closely for 30 years and I don't think there's ever been a Syracuse player who whines (and flails his arms and stomps his feet) even half as much.

He's really unusual in that regard. No matter what you think of his play, his control over his emotions is truly noteworthy.

You, like Carter Williams and Triche, need to be shown a picture of CJ Fair. Good things happen when he touches the ball. Can get his own shot, doesn't take bad shots, shoots a high % and is really the best player this team has when it comes down to it.

Instead, the guy shooting .379 FROM THE FIELD for the season is the guy took the most shots in this game.

Just for example from last year. MCW complained because he wasn't getting any playing time even though we only lost 1 game during the regular season. Scoop never complained once, it was always positive. Now from this year. There has been many times MCW just stops playing because he feels like he gets fouled. I see this during every NBA game, but I never see this when I watch other college games. Maybe its just a personal preference but I do not like his attitude. There are a lot of times during the game where he doesnt give it his all. Idk maybe he's just tired and is not getting enough rest during the game. If thats the case than I have to blame Jimmy because he needs to realize that and get him a rest around the 10 minute mark so he can finish.

Leave for the NBA? He is a four year player and then he gets a job or plays overseas - he will never play in the NBA - never - he lacks everything an NBA PG has - like speed and handle and getting to the rim - the kid is slow and weak

Leave for the NBA? He is a four year player and then he gets a job or plays overseas - he will never play in the NBA - never - he lacks everything an NBA PG has - like speed and handle and getting to the rim - the kid is slow and weak

Zero chance of MCW being a four year player, absolutely zero.

NBA teams will see a 6'6" PG with a long wingspan with potential through the roof. Key word there is potential. They don't care how well you play in college, if they believe you can be a good NBA player you will get drafted. Look at players like Kwame Brown, Greg Oden (injuries hurt him), etc. Many other players that can get drafted on potential, MCW is one of them. Even though he should stay for his Junior year, he won't, and I don't want him to stay either if he plays this careless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom