The way these guys approach the game it | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The way these guys approach the game it

the big question that needs to be answered is why the offense cant score in the 2nd half. thats a 3 game trend. its not for lack of yards or chances. USF only scored twice in the 2nd half and both games we had multiple chances to get into the game and didnt get it done.. still the 3 TOs inside the 30. the dumb penalty by Estime behind the play, and the holding when we were inside the 30 stalled out 2 more drives when there was a ton of energy.

its not like USF went of and down the field the 2nd half. far less physical mistakes by the D yesterday, but the mental ones led to huge easy plays.

I would have thought running 105 plays would wear the other team down by the fourth quarter.

it seemed like everytime it was working, we needed to sub, or someone got nicked and there was a TO.. USF was running in circles a bunch but when they subbed a whole 2nd team in there was still a talent issue.

We need running backs that look like running backs. 5'10" 220
Babers inherited a crew of RBs who all young and weigh around 200 pounds or less except Fredricks. Is that intentional? I don’t think so, Bowling Green’s starting RB weights 213 and his backup weights 220. They are a senior and junior respectively.

Every ACC opponent we will face this year has a starting RB who weights at least 210 pounds and most weigh closer to or over 220 except NC State. Most of our ACC opponents this year can go three deep with RBs who all weigh more than all of our RBs. However, they’re also typically Juniors and Seniors. Same for USF. I’m seeing very few Sophomores and Freshman listed as 2 or 3 deep for any of our ACC opponents this year. Like the rest of the team, we’re young. We’ll get bigger and stronger.

SS wasn’t successful in developing good depth in certain areas of the roster and this was one of them. It's not showing up on the scoreboard yet, but Babers is doing a remarkable job with the relatively young roster he’s been given to work with.

After reading your post I wanted to look up our stats which aren't great obviously. I keep hearing "belief without evidence". It's game #3 and we are on a journey.

Syracuse Orange

it seemed like everytime it was working, we needed to sub, or someone got nicked and there was a TO.. USF was running in circles a bunch but when they subbed a whole 2nd team in there was still a talent issue.
I noticed this too. We lose the advantage when our own guys need a breather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom