The Week 1 to Week 2 Improvement Myth | Syracusefan.com

The Week 1 to Week 2 Improvement Myth

OrangeinBoston

All Conference
Can someone cite a concrete example of this actually happening? I've never witnessed it.

I've seen plenty of teams improve dramatically by say 6 games into the season. But week 1 to week 2, never seen it.

I'd imagine it's true from the coach's perspective, in terms of how seriously the players take practice and prep time.

Can someone cite a concrete example of this actually happening? I've never witnessed it.

I've seen plenty of teams improve dramatically by say 6 games into the season. But week 1 to week 2, never seen it.
The title says improvement... then the body of text says dramatic. Probably tons of improvement week to week, much less in the dramatic category. Plus the whole opponent factor in the equation.

Shows how crucial making a bowl is as well. The program as a whole has lost far too many extra weeks of practice to continue to drive home player dev and get young guys more snaps.

There is no statistical information to support it. Its a good football cliche and soundbyte for announcers to fill airtime between plays. Its good because it has an air of credibility without anyone actually able to do the analysis to prove it true or not.

how do you quantify improvement when you are playing different teams. you could play drastically better and have nothing to show for it on the field.

how do you quantify improvement when you are playing different teams. you could play drastically better and have nothing to show for it on the field.

the tape don't lie

Coaches know even if we don't. Sadly, it may not mean much in terms of production if the improvement coincides with a stepnup in competition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom