The World At Their Fingertips | Syracusefan.com

The World At Their Fingertips

TheSpaz

2nd String
The Syracuse football team has a new addition to its collection of equipment this season to help SU's performance off the field. Each Orange football student-athlete is receiving a state-of-the-art iPad to use during their time at Syracuse to help enhance their experience in the classroom.

"I know that Coach (Doug) Marrone has (an iPad), and was very enamored by the capabilities of it," said Max Miller, senior academic coordinator for football. "He felt that it would be a good tool for our guys in the classroom."

The iPad offers a various collection of applications to provide assistance in day-to-day academic activities, ranging from word processing software to organizational assistance.

http://www.suathletics.com/news/2012/6/20/FB_0620123321.aspx

isn't this the same as compensation for the players? Interesting that this is allowed under current rules.

isn't this the same as compensation for the players? Interesting that this is allowed under current rules.

SUA owns the iPads. They're basically loaned out. Also, they will be doing playbook stuff with them, which is probably the main reason they got them.

SUA owns the iPads. They're basically loaned out. Also, they will be doing playbook stuff with them, which is probably the main reason they got them.
Sounds like a great idea/workaround.. Thanks for the details.

Sounds like a great idea/workaround.. Thanks for the details.

I can imagine a program that animates the plays, and player assignments. Could be very useful.

I can imagine a program that animates the plays, and player assignments. Could be very useful.
Is there an app for that? If not, I will contribute any amount of $$ to anyone who has any sort of programming abilities.. We could sell this to every national program.