The world has not come to an end... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The world has not come to an end...

I don't see it. I think Wake is a solid team and a solid win and Duke may be trending down, but we still have a lot of work to do. Our defense needs to get to another level.

Agreed. But on the bright(er?) side, our teams very young and inexperienced in the zone. Each game, and more so each win, we gain experience and tighten up the lock.

Agreed. But on the bright(er?) side, our teams very young and inexperienced in the zone. Each game, and more so each win, we gain experience and tighten up the lock.

We have 2 players (3 if you think Lydon will be back) who have a chance to help us in the future on this roster. I'm just responding to your "young and inexperienced" line. When was the last time we had only two guys coming back from the preceding year who can help us? Scary.

72 - Gobert

Waiters - Irving

Howard - MCW

Melo - Lebron

There have been some head scratchers.

Hell, I was hoping 7'2" would become as good as Brimah. That's looking like a (crack) pipe dream.

We have 2 players (3 if you think Lydon will be back) who have a chance to help us in the future on this roster. I'm just responding to your "young and inexperienced" line. When was the last time we had only two guys coming back from the preceding year who can help us? Scary.

I personally think theres a 2% chance he comes back.

However, if you want to think really positively, we return the two anchors of our zone. Thompson will have a year under his belt of manning the 5 and by god I hope he improves. Battle will have experience learning the top. It could be worse, we could have two mediocre wings returning.

72 - Gobert

Waiters - Irving

Howard - MCW

Melo - Lebron

There have been some head scratchers.

I admittedly thought Howard had the potential to be an MCW like guard on our team by his junior year. To my defense, noone could've predicted the mental collapse this year and his off court antics.

I personally think theres a 2% chance he comes back.

However, if you want to think really positively, we return the two anchors of our zone. Thompson will have a year under his belt of manning the 5 and by god I hope he improves. Battle will have experience learning the top. It could be worse, we could have two mediocre wings returning.

Wait, Thompson is a zone anchor? LOL. You ARE on something. He's the worst interior defender I can EVER remember at SU. I genuinely can't think of anyone worse.

Wait, Thompson is a zone anchor? LOL. You ARE on something. He's the worst interior defender I can EVER remember at SU. I genuinely can't think of anyone worse.

Im saying the 5 is an important part of the zone. Thompson's been one of the worst defenders I've ever seen this year.

It's good we're returning a 5 with a year of experience, even if its an inept defender like Thompson.

...jesus.

Im saying the 5 is an important part of the zone. Thompson's been one of the worst defenders I've ever seen this year.

It's good we're returning a 5 with a year of experience, even if its an inept defender like Thompson.

...jesus.

Ok, fair enough. It's important we are returning a 5, I agree. Just wish he were even decent on defense. A year to learn is good but he hasn't shown any improvement. I'm not sure this year has been good zone experience. He doesn't look like he has benefited from all the experience on defense.

Ok, fair enough. It's important we are returning a 5, I agree. Just wish he were even decent on defense. A year to learn is good but he hasn't shown any improvement. I'm not sure this year has been good zone experience. He doesn't look like he has benefited from all the experience on defense.

With this years squad and looking at next year, I'll consider any experience good experience. Thompson will get to face the most talented players in the nation, regardless of going to the tournament or not. He'll be given every opportunity to improve, as well as learn his defensive position and role in the zone between now and next year, I just hope he's able to apply it to his game. Even with flawed teams like last years squad, timely defense can get you far.

Everyone thinks Trueblue's smoking doobies till we blowout Duke and Lydon buries Grayson 10 ft down.

Why would blowing out Duke make you stop blowing in doobies?

Great crowd tonight - loud and involved including the students. We really have had a home crowd advantage the past 2 home games, not in quantity but quality.

That to me just means the ACC isn't as good as perceived.

I disagree... it means we have won at home against 4 teams with bottom 5 records in the league, which we should. But the sky certainly seemed to be falling to the degree of not winning 4 ACC games all year at one point so it's progress.

Florida State due for a let down plus they are playing tomorrow night at GTech. Not a huge amount of turnaround time. No one will expect us to win, so you never know.

Right there with you. Leonard Hamilton is another one of those Roy Williams types. Throw out the records, Boeheim's got the advantage.

As for the bottom of the standings, I don't know why Clemson is struggling, but I won't get my hopes up for that one.

Right there with you. Leonard Hamilton is another one of those Roy Williams types. Throw out the records, Boeheim's got the advantage.

As for the bottom of the standings, I don't know why Clemson is struggling, but I won't get my hopes up for that one.

Leonard Hamilton still has a huge deficit in the talent pissed away ledger compared to Roy

1998 1-1 Defeated Prairie View A&M in first round, 110-52
Lost to Rhode Island in second round, 80-75
1997 2-1 Defeated Jackson State in first round, 78-64
Defeated Purdue in second round, 75-61
Lost to Arizona in regional semifinal, 85-82
1996 3-1 Defeated South Carolina State in first round, 92-54
Defeated Santa Clara in second round, 76-51
Defeated Arizona in regional semifinal, 83-80
Lost to Syracuse in regional final, 60-57
1995 2-1 Defeated Colgate in first round, 82-68
Defeated Western Kentucky in second round, 75-70
Lost to Virginia in regional semifinal, 67-58

Leonard Hamilton still has a huge deficit in the talent pissed away ledger compared to Roy

1998 1-1 Defeated Prairie View A&M in first round, 110-52
Lost to Rhode Island in second round, 80-75
1997 2-1 Defeated Jackson State in first round, 78-64
Defeated Purdue in second round, 75-61
Lost to Arizona in regional semifinal, 85-82
1996 3-1 Defeated South Carolina State in first round, 92-54
Defeated Santa Clara in second round, 76-51
Defeated Arizona in regional semifinal, 83-80
Lost to Syracuse in regional final, 60-57
1995 2-1 Defeated Colgate in first round, 82-68
Defeated Western Kentucky in second round, 75-70
Lost to Virginia in regional semifinal, 67-58

Yeah, I think he's a good coach, not at the same level as Roy, but obviously has coached as lesser schools with much worse recruits. Mainly I just think that they're both not the type to give Boeheim much in the way of strategic trouble. They'll win some, but generally they coach to Boeheim's strengths.

Anyway, I'm rescinding my prediction after last night's upset. We could win on Saturday, but it's less likely that Florida State could look past us or be short on motivation.

The game Saturday is a toss up IMO. Florida St will probably a one possession favorite at most. I think we matchup well. They aren't a good rebounding team like us and the type of defense they play leads to other teams getting to the basket. This is the type of game Tyus Battle should flourish in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom