The WORST officiated game I have ever seen. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The WORST officiated game I have ever seen.

Is CookOut good? I have one a few lights down from my office but haven't tried it yet.
It's not so much that it's good but it has ridiculous menu options and it's super cheap. It's a wonderful place to stop late at night after a few too many drinks.

wonder what the result was last week of turning in the play where they wouldnt let Dungey back in after the time out

What was the issue with the TD called back for illegal formation?

I was at the game and didn't notice anything.

It's beyond bad. Dino should take the fine at this point .

We got 1 call today late which was the phantom late hit on Dungey. But man it was the ONLY call we got.

Chubs can suck it. What a pansy for getting knocked down by a one handed shove. Seriously, if you did that to some random woman in shopping mall she wouldn't fall over.

Last edited:
What was the issue with the TD called back for illegal formation?

I was at the game and didn't notice anything.
They said Butler wasn't on the line of scrimmage. I'm not overly familiar with the exact rule but he couldn't have been more than a foot off the line of scrimmage. Inexcusable that he didn't check with the ref when he lined up, though.

No bearing on outcome post, but referee incompetence:

NCSU misses 32-yard FG with :03 on the clock.

SU's ball.

Refs (properly) place ball on 20-yard line.

Another ref blows the whistle before the snap, stops the game and (incorrectly) places the ball at the 15-yard line (where NCSU has snapped the ball on the FG). No one steps up to correct him.

Sorry, the optic of that is just plain terrible and speaks to the overall negligence of ACC officiating. Hoops too BTW.

I am a big proponent of Swofford (he invited SU not once, but twice to join the conference), but I sense this issue won't work itself out until he is out of office.

Last edited:
With Butler lined up off the line of scrimmage, it gave us 5 guys in the back field which is an illegal formation. Too many dumb penalties that need to be cleaned up. That one really hurt obviously.

Kinda like the Cenfederacy and Civil War have been forgotten after a 100+ years?
Go drinking at any establishment down there, you sit there long enough and folks get drunk enough you'll hear it: the south will rise again

They said Butler wasn't on the line of scrimmage. I'm not overly familiar with the exact rule but he couldn't have been more than a foot off the line of scrimmage. Inexcusable that he didn't check with the ref when he lined up, though.

He was so close one way or the other you'd have needed a tape measure. It was BS. Couldn't tell on replay either

Very first play of va tech game was exactly the same as our intentional grounding play when dungey threw it over Elmore's head. No flag at that play but we had an intentional grounding. Just saying

Yeah, not blaming the refs for a loss. We'd be losing without the penalties.

It's horseshitt that this game is so focking biased. Not helping.
Everytime I saw those flags flying I was seeing Bars and Stars on them....

It's beyond bad. Dino should take the fine at this point .

We got 1 call today late which was the phantom late hit on Dungey. But man it was the ONLY call we got.

Chubs can suck it. What a pansy for getting knocked down by a one handed shove. Seriously, if you did that to some random woman in shopping mall she wouldn't fall over.
Candidly, I actually thought the roughing was a good call. It was not the initial hit but the second State player in jumped on late and looked (to me) that he made helmet to helmet contact.

The one big call I questioned in this game was the fourth down throw to the end zone to Steve when it looked like he was being held.

SUOrange44

Somehow State gets to the 4th q without holding call. So tired of this

refs schefs. Lost to a better team and made a ton of mistakes

I would normally agree, but there were some blatant holding plays in the first half that weren't called.

I just would have liked maybe one block in the back call on NCSt. Every freaking time. It didn't decide the game of course, but it could have put NCSt in worse situations.