The worst part of making the Sweet 16... | Syracusefan.com

The worst part of making the Sweet 16...

Are these 5 full days of waiting...
And waiting...
And waiting...

Not for me, it's actually quite the opposite. These 5 days are great to sit back and simply relish in the fact that we are still dancing, having a focused national relevance and being talked about when so many others are sitting home thinking about next year.

Not for me, it's actually quite the opposite. These 5 days are great to sit back and simply relish in the fact that we are still dancing, having a focused national relevance and being talked about when so many others are sitting home thinking about next year.
I plan to thrive on the bliss every day. Seriously: THRIVE.

—Blissed Out Beadle

Are these 5 full days of waiting...
And waiting...
And waiting...
Disagree.
I get to drive around Charlotte w/ my Cuse plates, go to the gym wearing my Cuse t-shirt, and walk into stores with my Cuse hat on.
I've gotten some nice compliments and congrats from most folks, and the haters are basically silenced for now.
Its absolute bliss! :cool:

Yep. The waiting is the easiest part.

Disagree.
I get to drive around Charlotte w/ my Cuse plates, go to the gym wearing my Cuse t-shirt, and walk into stores with my Cuse hat on.
I've gotten some nice compliments and congrats from most folks, and the haters are basically silenced for now.
Its absolute bliss! :cool:
Yeah. It's an Orange basketball high driving around my town (Reno) also w/my 'Cuse plates and in my SU duds while getting kudos from friends and knowing strangers who might say "I can't believe Boeheim is still their coach."

Savoring the national relevance, as one poster said earlier.

The best was going to Hancock airport in 1975 and welcoming them back from the Final Four appearance in San Diego, where they lost to Kentucky and almost beat a loaded Louisville team in the now non-existent 3rd place game. That was Wooden's last year and the end of UCLA's unprecedented run of NCs.

Great memories and these 5-days of enforced basketball foreplay rekindles all those memories and creates new ones.

The worst part of the Sweet 16 is facing the only team left in the tournament(of the 2) that one member on here said were the only 2 we had no chance of beating, due to the combination of their talent, coaching, and their great familiarity with us, DUKE. By far the worst part of the sweet 16. If they can beat Duke, this bunch of undermanned misfits can win the whole bleeping thing!!! Am I right or what? Id prefer ANY other team left in the tournament right now. That's the worst part by far, in my opinion. Anyone with me?

We shouldn’t be afraid of Duke in any sense. We have played them well last few years other than this year. We know their defense cause we invented it. Bagley is tough but we have to go at him. These guys do not scare me.

And relishing...
And relishing...

Five full days! Sweet ;)
Agreed. My bench mark for an exceptional year has always been making the sweet 16. To me that is and will always be the standard. League and tourney championships are wonderful but to be one of only 16 teams left standing in March is it for me. The Hype the publicity is 10 fold in March. It is like the Masters, Olympics, Super bowl... Non fans become fans. Millions of people who never watch a game, who couldn't list the teams in the ACC or any other conference fill out a bracket. March Madness has become a Sports happening in America that is arguably the longest duration most widely followed event we have.
To be in the sweet 16 this year is unbelievable. I have been watching SU since i was a little boy. First game was around 63 or 64. Watching us be selected as the last team in followed by our three wins has been a joy.

If we come out locked in on defense and beat Duke, I think we're winning the whole thing.

They are the toughest matchup for us left in the Tournament.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom