The Yankees will need to concentrate on pitching again in the off season | Syracusefan.com

The Yankees will need to concentrate on pitching again in the off season

CaliCuse

All American
Dave Phelps could help himself and the team by hitting the weight hrd to jack his fast ball up a few mph into the 95mph + range. Adding a little more slide to his slider would help as well. i'm not sure if he has a quality change-up but another big pitch couldn't hurt his chances to become a high end pitcher for the team next year.couchburn

Yankees pitching prospect Manny Banuelos will undergo Tommy John surgery on Thursday. Banuelos was limited to just six starts this season due to an elbow injury and now he can be ruled out for 2013. Still, he doesn't turn 22 until next March, so it's way too soon to write off his future. He just won't make an impact for the Yankees as quickly as first expected.

So next year they've got CC, Nova, Hughes, and Phelps. I think Pettitte is done. They should resign Kuroda. Pineda should be available mid year.

Pettitte only played about 1/2 the season since he got a late start and missed a few months with the ankle.

I'm not sure that's enough to satisfy the itch.

Unless we win #28. :D