there are no easy games | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

there are no easy games

Long term view of the program... the 2019 schedule is not daunting, at all.

We'll have a good record in 2019. The question is more around how good a team we'll be then. The better a season we have this year, the more confident we'll be able to feel next season about how good we are.

2019 sheesh! Lets take care of this year.

There are no gimmies on the remaining schedule for Syracuse. If you are home, you stand a slightly better chance against even or teams that are considored lesser by the experts. Good teams always find a way to win on the road. Thats why they are good teams. I have said this before and I will say it again. Been watching college football for over fifty years. If there is one constant for that entire time, it's the fact that how teams you face have played against other common opponents means absolutely nothing when you play each other. It's all about coaching prepartion, scheme, execution and each player doing his job correctly for the entire sixty plus minutes. I read post after post going into the Pittsburgh game on how bad they were etc. How did that turn out? Syracuse needs to bring it's A game on Saturday against UNC, period. Go Orange!!!!!!

We are not good enough for any P5 game to be a gimme. When you can't run or stop the run consistently, every game is a challenge. Do we as a fanbase learn from past years when everyone was penciling in the rest of the year as W's? Having said that, I think we win at Home coming off a bye.

Rest easy my friend we are going to smoke their a$$, I'll take out your ladder by myself next year if I'm wrong ;)
People have no idea what the ladder is...my overconfident friend actually meant stairs at the lake. Cuse better win...I don't want to bring him to another chiropractor the next day after removing these by himself while I have a beer.
IMG_20180805_184629478_HDR.jpg

You pull those up by hand?
Yes...the railings and two support braces get unbolted from the main stairs frame first. I guesstimate the main stairs frame weigh about 150lbs.

Yes...the railings and two support braces get unbolted from the main stairs frame first. I guesstimate the main stairs frame weigh about 150lbs.
How about a chain and a truck/car?

Long term view of the program... the 2019 schedule is not daunting, at all.

We'll have a good record in 2019. The question is more around how good a team we'll be then. The better a season we have this year, the more confident we'll be able to feel next season about how good we are.

Idk will FSU (have actually looked a lot better) and Louisville be down again? Cross over is tougher. We have/had a golden opportunity this year

10-2: I can’t even fathom this.
9-3: Beyond excited, talking ACC title for ‘19. We made it!
8-4: Thrilled. Going into next year with major expectations.
7-5: Satisfied. Solid year 3 jump. Hoping this can become our floor eventually.
6-6: I’ll begrudgingly take it. Bowl game. Improvement. Will feel a bit underwhelming.
5-7: Gutted and concerned if we’ll ever get there and feeling real angsty for a solid 2019.
4-8: Apoplectic.

This is about where i'm at. Maybe even a little bit more disappointed with the 6-6.

What scares me most and I don't care what the reason has been in the past, how we looked against Pitt looked so much like how we played to end the last two seasons. What is actually scarier is that we might have looked better in the Pitt game then how we've ended the last two seasons. If you look at the scores of some of the games the last two years, it's not pretty.

I really don't see any comparison at all from this years team and last years. Last years injuries occurred, we didn't have the adequate depth to replace the injured guys and the wheels feel off. This year they have just struggled against the run when it mattered the most. They are actually really good against the pass for a change. I'm interested to see the changes made over the bye week

This is about where i'm at. Maybe even a little bit more disappointed with the 6-6.

I really don't see any comparison at all from this years team and last years. Last years injuries occurred, we didn't have the adequate depth to replace the injured guys and the wheels feel off. This year they have just struggled against the run when it mattered the most. They are actually really good against the pass for a change. I'm interested to see the changes made over the bye week

I don’t disagree at all. What I’m trying to express is that it has the feel of our precious two year slides. Outmuscled, outmanned and to some degree outcoached at times. So I’m not implying we are the same team but only the rest of the year will show if previous two years were just as much a result of coaching as depth/injuries.

There are no gimmies on the remaining schedule for Syracuse. If you are home, you stand a slightly better chance against even or teams that are considored lesser by the experts. Good teams always find a way to win on the road. Thats why they are good teams. I have said this before and I will say it again. Been watching college football for over fifty years. If there is one constant for that entire time, it's the fact that how teams you face have played against other common opponents means absolutely nothing when you play each other. It's all about coaching prepartion, scheme, execution and each player doing his job correctly for the entire sixty plus minutes. I read post after post going into the Pittsburgh game on how bad they were etc. How did that turn out? Syracuse needs to bring it's A game on Saturday against UNC, period. Go Orange!

Right on Vas. The transitive property means zero when comparing teams week to week. teams morph week to week, ebs and flows of a season, and its annoying when you hear Syracuse barely lost to Clemson, how did they get beat by pitt? These are casual fans that look at scores at the end if the day and think they know the game. Its impossible yo be up every week and alot of us forget there are 18-22 yo kids under those helmets.

Idk will FSU (have actually looked a lot better) and Louisville be down again? Cross over is tougher. We have/had a golden opportunity this year
Our big OOC game is at Maryland.

If there's ever a year to go undefeated OOC, it's next season.

Right on Vas. The transitive property means zero when comparing teams week to week. teams morph week to week, ebs and flows of a season, and its annoying when you hear Syracuse barely lost to Clemson, how did they get beat by pitt? These are casual fans that look at scores at the end if the day and think they know the game. Its impossible yo be up every week and alot of us forget there are 18-22 yo kids under those helmets.

Lol. Since all teams don’t play equal schedules and there are so many teams and so few games - who you beat and how you played against each other is just about all the info you can glean.

If you want to throw out that info, you’re flying blind.

You’re right about *why* it’s hard to predict what will happen though. Kids are kids. Sometimes a weakness (vs run) matches up with a strength (a team can run well).

One of the things I’m most upset with is missing that Pitt running game vs a D that hadn’t really been tested vs the power run (outside of Clemson’s last drive). The data was there.

I know, woulda coulda shoulda, but man, if we just get that 4th down stop against Pitt or they miss one of their 50 yard field goals, we are guaranteed ranked this week with an opportunity to move up towards the Top 15 with two straight home wins.
You mean the way they missed two shorter fieldgoals against ND?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom