There are several things that don't add up | Syracusefan.com

There are several things that don't add up

Guinness

Living Legend
but to me the biggest is the guy saying he was molested up until his late 20's. How a grown man gets molested is certainly a big question but the bigger question to me is why? If Bernie is the pedophile that this guy claims that means he like young boys and not grown men. Admittedly I am not an expert in this area but I cannot recall ever reading or seeing another case where a pedophile sexually preyed on adults. They always moved onto another child when the one they were currently assaulting grew up.

but to me the biggest is the guy saying he was molested up until his late 20's. How a grown man gets molested is certainly a big question but the bigger question to me is why? If Bernie is the pedophile that this guy claims that means he like young boys and not grown men. Admittedly I am not an expert in this area but I cannot recall ever reading or seeing another case where a pedophile sexually preyed on adults. They always moved onto another child when the one they were currently assaulting grew up.
flip side of it is it's so weird that i'm more inclined to buy it. you can't make that up

I still can't get over an 18 year old kid who was supposedly molested by a coach as a ballboy allowing his 12 year odl brother to become a ball boy for that same team and coach. Why didn't Scwarz ask that?

more confusing is the timing.. one person has contact over a short period and then years later Fine and his brother have a 17 yr relationship? ity would seem that if you were strong enough to say no and get away you would have been strong enough to tell someone?

I find it odd that one of the accusers said when he was "assaulting" him, "Stop Bernie, just stop, just stop Bernie". I don't know about you but you if you were to look at him like he was 'king' or 'a god' that he would address him as Coach Fine or Mr. Fine. Little details like that make his case sound fishy to me.

Neither one of them sound like intellectual protoges.

In response ... you are right. A pedophile is a pedophile. Typically when children reach a certain age or level of developmental growth the pedophile moves on to his preferred age and developmental level. Typically if a father is a pedophile, for example, and have 2 daughters the first being abused will be ignored after reaching a certain age or level of physical/mental development and the father will move to the younger one.

Now while Bernie may have held some power over the alledged victim the alledged victim has the physical power at some point to say "Stop" or "No" ... that usually occurs well before the age of 27 ... unless it became consenting... but that would not fit the characteristics of a pedophile.

I still can't get over an 18 year old kid who was supposedly molested by a coach as a ballboy allowing his 12 year odl brother to become a ball boy for that same team and coach. Why didn't Scwarz ask that?

This may not be atypical. A way to escape abuse or advances would be to introduce another individual to take your place ... that way you also maintain the benefits as well (i.e. being a ball boy). What better person to introduce than a brother or step-brother making the initial individual equally culpable. But neither of the alledged victims came across as shining lightbulbs.

My big problem and question relative to this whole allegation... did ESPN do any background checks on the alledged victims ... personally and psychologically.

I find it odd that one of the accusers said when he was "assaulting" him, "Stop Bernie, just stop, just stop Bernie". I don't know about you but you if you were to look at him like he was 'king' or 'a god' that he would address him as Coach Fine or Mr. Fine. Little details like that make his case sound fishy to me.
maybe they called him mr fine when they were 14 and bernie when they were 38

good point. another odd thing is shfarts saying that bernie was king of syracuse? huh what? who would say that? what would that make JB?

maybe they called him mr fine when they were 14 and bernie when they were 38

good point. another odd thing is shfarts saying that bernie was king of syracuse? huh what? who would say that? what would that make JB?
I thought the king of syracuse was the pawn king and his 5 locations

Whole thing is f___in sad. Bernie is ruined no matter what...

As far as king of Syracuse...many casual fans had NO idea who Bernie was until yesterday...

Also, where was Fine's family when this boy stayed in his room at final four? I'm sure they went to the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom