There were about 100 reasons SU... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

There were about 100 reasons SU...

It’s just a football game. It’s not an endorsement of the school or what they stand for.
Yeah, it's not like SU requires the players and staff to attend a service before playing Liberty. Besides, SU would have to give up BC, ND, WF and potential games with BYU, and several of our former does in hoops.*

Liberty is just a game. HCDB should have the team ready for their proper beat down of a non-P5 opponent.

*Georgetown, which still sucks, if you are asking
Villanova
St. John's
BC (already mentioned)
Seton Hall
Providence
Marquette
DePaul

Yeah, it's not like SU requires the players and staff to attend a service before playing Liberty. Besides, SU would have to give up BC, ND, WF and potential games with BYU, and several of our former does in hoops.*

Liberty is just a game. HCDB should have the team ready for their proper beat down of a non-P5 opponent.

Villanova
St. John's
BC (already mentioned)
Seton Hall
Providence
Marquette
DePaul

What'd Wake do that's so bad? I'm not familiar with any notoriety associated with them. Same with a few of those other schools, for that matter.

Villanova
St. John's
BC (already mentioned)
Seton Hall
Providence
Marquette
DePaul

You’re really going to compare respected Catholic schools to Liberty? It’s basically a front to line the pockets of Falwell Jr’s family and friends.

What'd Wake do that's so bad? I'm not familiar with any notoriety associated with them. Same with a few of those other schools, for that matter.
They are all religious schools. Wake is a Baptist school, like Liberty. The point is it's about playing a football game, not religion. Context is important.

They are all religious schools. Wake is a Baptist school, like Liberty. The point is it's about playing a football game, not religion. Context is important.
They don’t promote vile ideologies like liberty but I distress

You’re really going to compare respected Catholic schools to Liberty? It’s basically a front to line the pockets of Falwell Jr’s family and friends.

It is immaterial what I, or anyone else, thinks about the school itself or their leader. The issue is about a football game that SU has scheduled. Nothing more. SU management approved the scheduling and it benefits SU.

I'm no fan of Falwell or Liberty. If Liberty fails or Falwell goes broke, it's no skin off my nose. I would not pull for Liberty to win any game unless it benefitted SU.

When SU plays them on the field, I want SU to beat them. It's a game, nothing more to our favorite college team.

They don’t promote vile ideologies like liberty but I distress

I am not defending Liberty or Falwell, it's just a football game. Let them play. If anything, we can show them that at least SU is tolerant of others.

Recall, SU helped to break the mould with blacks in football. WVU, Texas, et al. Shouldn't SU help break Liberty's mould?

Oh, religion didn't enter into the equation for me, though I confess I didn't know that about Wake.

I'd be down for never engaging with Notre Dame again, but not because they aren't respected or anything, but because their football coach is a sociopath who's directly responsible for an intern's death. Their program's priorities are out of wack, but I don't presume to judge their religious affiliation.

Liberty is...very different than all those other established schools for the very reason they're in the news this week.

from 2011, you might want to add that

Yeah. And that organization flagged SU in large part because a really contemptible and immature law student got suspended for running a blog in which he posted photos/bios of dozens of coeds and called them whores. What that has to do with free speech I don't know. Silly argument.

Yeah. And that organization flagged SU in large part because a really contemptible and immature law student got suspended for running a blog in which he posted photos/bios of dozens of coeds and called them whores. What that has to do with free speech I don't know. Silly argument.
I regret that I can only like this post once.

I am not defending Liberty or Falwell, it's just a football game. Let them play. If anything, we can show them that at least SU is tolerant of others.

Recall, SU helped to break the mould with blacks in football. WVU, Texas, et al. Shouldn't SU help break Liberty's mould?
I’m not terribly offended by playing Liberty. It benefitted SU, and the net impact to Liberty is negligible IMHO. To your point, it’s just a game, and the difference between playing SU and whoever was 2nd in line for them is likely negligible from their perspective.

However, comparing ending (or at least diminishing) institutionalized racism to removing a stigma from Liberty isn’t a valid comparison. One goal is clearly the right thing to do and represents a material and tangible net benefit to society, and the other is, at best, dubious.

I get that your point is that we helped force southern schools to integrate by playing them and beating them with African American players, but no amount of beating Liberty with players on the right side of sanity will make that place less of a cultish scam.

It’s just a football game. It’s not an endorsement of the school or what they stand for.
Pretty sure if we made a list of the ‘forbidden’ teams the Orange shouldn’t ever play...and then tried to make a schedule, it would be army, navy and maybe Pitt & WV.

thats it.

and I’m sure a few buffoons have reasons why the Orange should never play those 4 either.

Pretty sure if we made a list of the ‘forbidden’ teams the Orange shouldn’t ever play...and then tried to make a schedule, it would be army, navy and maybe Pitt & WV.

thats it.

and I’m sure a few buffoons have reasons why the Orange should never play those 4 either.

While probably admitting our basketball program has been squeaky clean forever and Marvin Harrison was framed.

Marvin Harrison was framed.

1585946100296.png