There's no doubt we're losing our biggest rival | Syracusefan.com

There's no doubt we're losing our biggest rival

OrangeAl

2023 Cali Award Receiving Touchdowns
We may deny it, but Rutgers inspires this board to rant and write songs like no other team.
This is probably how Penn State thought of us in the 70's and 80's, but with far less emotion.

I guess maybe this is a generational thing. I fondly remember the days when I was a kid and Syracuse-Penn State WAS the biggest Eastern rivalry. Admittedly, that's all in the past. More recently I've considered WVU and Pitt our biggest rival.

Rutgers? I've always considered them sort of, well, Temple's b*tch.

Nope. There are a ton of RU posts on EVERY BE board. That is because RU internet fans are all a bunch of annoying morons. What is written here has nothing to actually do with RU or their team. If all of there fans took a smart pill tomorrow, you wouldn't see a single RU post ever again on this board.

The RU fan has a lot in common with the Jets and Mets fans in the area. No Yankees or Giants fan thinks of either team as a rival. But they will tell you there is no more annoying fanbase than the Jets/Mets fans.

Banter among internet fans does not make a rivalry. We have BC and Pitt.

This ^ -- To the OP, check the attendance diff between WVU and Rutgers and then come back to me. Rutgers was and never will be a rival. The reason they get so much attention is because their internet fan base is amongst the most delusional set of human beings on the face of the earth. Extremely annoying little brother, maybe. Rival? Not a chance.

Having a discussion about a car wreck does not mean that you want to be in said car wreck or aspire to be in one. It just means that you are (somewhat) intrigued to see something so sad. I give you... Rutgers.

Rutgers is just the easiest and best team/fan-base to pick on. They're like that kid in the neighborhood that was a few years younger, who you wouldn't let play with you and your friends, but when you did, you'd make him eat glue, punch him until he cried or left him up in a tree. That annoying kid who held everyone back while you played sports with your friends is RU personified.

We may deny it, but Rutgers inspires this board to rant and write songs like no other team.
This is probably how Penn State thought of us in the 70's and 80's, but with far less emotion.

Buttgers is not our biggest rival. Not even close. Being irritated by a fanbase is not the same thing as having a rival.

Rutgers might be losing THEIR biggest rival but this game has only been meaningful to us for a very few years. BC, Miami, and VT were all bigger rivals than Rugers and we are about to get them back.

Rutgers might be losing THEIR biggest rival but this game has only been meaningful to us for a very few years. BC, Miami, and VT were all bigger rivals than Rugers and we are about to get them back.
Correct... it only became slightly interesting when we witnessed the intersection of Syracuse's biggest historic slump and Rutgers' only minor blip.

It's internet mythology between a couple of hundred nerds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom