There's only one positive here | Syracusefan.com

There's only one positive here

Alcuse01

Scout Team
Every aspect of this team is crap. The D doesn't take the right angles, and sure as hell can't tackle. The o line is garbage and gives Nassib enough time 1 play out of 8 maybe to throw the ball. The play calling is a joke -- Passing underneath on 4th down is ridiculous. The special teams coverage is sad. I can't comprehend how our kick returners get tackled by the first guy every time. The most frustrating part for me is watching marrone with no emotion. It infuriates me. The crowd is dead - but I probably wouldn't be cheering either. And the fans that just want to be on tv and show the #1 sign when we're getting blown out should be beaten up by the diehard drunk fans.

The one positive? we're known as a bball school and will be #4 on Monday.

Sadly SU is currently known as Bernie Fine's basketball school so even that is not a positive.

Every aspect of this team is crap. The D doesn't take the right angles, and sure as hell can't tackle. The o line is garbage and gives Nassib enough time 1 play out of 8 maybe to throw the ball. The play calling is a joke -- Passing underneath on 4th down is ridiculous. The special teams coverage is sad. I can't comprehend how our kick returners get tackled by the first guy every time. The most frustrating part for me is watching marrone with no emotion. It infuriates me. The crowd is dead - but I probably wouldn't be cheering either. And the fans that just want to be on tv and show the #1 sign when we're getting blown out should be beaten up by the diehard drunk fans.

The one positive? we're known as a bball school and will be #4 on Monday.

You wrote all of that and didn't even cover one of the biggest issues - Nassib can't throw . He takes forever to make a decision, or his arm has the "yips", he can't feel pressure, doesn't run the ball when he can get a first down, throws a wobbly ball, or behind the receiver, or over the guys head.

He flat out sucks.

no Uconn lost.. so we should move up one

I didn't want to put blame on one single player... but I agree. And the fact we throw 90% of the passes to our TE or RB... I mean, how hard is it to plan a D scheme to stop that?

no Uconn lost.. so we should move up one

I didn't want to put blame on one single player... but I agree. And the fact we throw 90% of the passes to our TE or RB... I mean, how hard is it to plan a D scheme to stop that?

I was partially joking - it would be hard to put everything in one post on why this team sucks right now, lol.

Couldnt agree with you more. Marrone shows no emotion what so ever on the sideline. Usually when one coaches teams plays absolutely terrible in every aspect of the game as our team does the opposing teams coach will look very angry on the sideline and at least yell at the player whos made a bonehead play or is playing like crap etc... Maybe Marrone knows that its not worth yelling because he would have to waste his breath on about 52 different players on the orange who are playing terrible and making boneheaded plays. Just about everybody on this team plays with no effort or plays absolutely pathetic just about every single play during the game. Damn that makes for a lot of crappy players on this team.

Ive supported Marrone and Co. for the last 3 years after this year im finally jumping ship in thinking that Marrone and Hackett and Anselmo and Shafer all need to be canned on there asses for the complete and utter meltdown which these team took for the second half of this season. I hope Gross realizes that these guys are going to bring this team no were but to a mediocre 3 to 6 win season every year. My face in Marrone has been all but lost...Somebody help me. Maybe some basketball will...ughh

There were a few other positives about the game I found.
1. Bailey is close to 1000 yards
2. Decent crowd, plenty of people showed up
3. My nephew found 20 bucks on the ground at the concession stand