These guys get it. | Syracusefan.com

These guys get it.

Rocco

Watching you.
Justin Pugh@JustinPugh67
I think we all should appreciate what coach Marrone did for Syracuse. He left the program in much better shape than where he found it.

Zack Chibane@Bane_75
Congratulations to my Head Coach for four years Coach Marrone on accepted the job with the Buffalo Bills.

Jeff Rubin@jhrubin
For the haters out there. If you had a chance to be 1 of 32 NFL HC in the world, why would you turn it down?

Jeff Rubin@jhrubin
Oh and for those that say what about Syracuse being Doug Marrone's "Dream Job." Dream job doesn't have to mean last job!

Jerome Smith@RomeSmith456m
@jhrubin lol good call

I'm more disappointed in this move as a bills fan than a Syracuse fan.

They get it because two of those tweeters want to play in the NFL next year.. I would worry about the tweets from underclassmen and recruits. Post those tweets..

Pete Thamel @SIPeteThamel
Doug Marrone's legacy at Cuse will be pulling the program out of the darkest stretch (and worst hire) in its history.

So start another thread titled "These guys don't get it."

its a delicate balance.

all of the underclassmen committed to marrone who at the beginning of his career taught values, loyalty, and teamwork and by the end had to be pressured into suspending a player who got into a fight with cops for a half. And then did anything possible to get the heck out of dodge.

not mad at marrone, but definitely disappointed. also have to wonder if about Spruill. Did Marrone want to win at any cost in the pinstripe bowl to make him that much more marketable?

As a Bills fan, I like it. Schefter is all over ESPN saying Buffalo just got the hottest coaching candidate out there. Says teams wanted Marrone over Chip Kelly. Thats just crazy to me...our coach for the last 4 years was wanted more than Chip Kelly. Wow.

its a delicate balance.

all of the underclassmen committed to marrone who at the beginning of his career taught values, loyalty, and teamwork and by the end had to be pressured into suspending a player who got into a fight with cops for a half. And then did anything possible to get the heck out of dodge.

not mad at marrone, but definitely disappointed. also have to wonder if about Spruill. Did Marrone want to win at any cost in the pinstripe bowl to make him that much more marketable?

I don't think so on the last part. But I do think, at the very least, he knew he was out of here by the end of that game, maybe even before the game.

Cheers,
Neil

Rob Welsh@Welsha_Tron94
At the end of the day we still have to go out there and play. #lets go

Reactions: JPS
Trudo tweeted he hopes Adkins stays, since he and Marrone were the biggest reasons he chose SU.

So let's add Adkins to the list if must retains.

As a Bills fan, I like it. Schefter is all over ESPN saying Buffalo just got the hottest coaching candidate out there. Says teams wanted Marrone over Chip Kelly. Thats just crazy to me...our coach for the last 4 years was wanted more than Chip Kelly. Wow.
While I don't think it's really true that Marrone was desired more than Kelly, I can see why Marrone could be more desired:

1) He's actually got NFL experience. Kelly has none.
2) He's proven that he can take a program from the dredges to respectability. Kelly was handed the keys to a program already near the top of college football. Granted, it was Kelly's offense that helped them get there. But Oregon was never in such bad shape that they needed a full rebuild. Plus, Oregon has resources beyond almost any team in college not named Notre Dame.

I'm thinking it's like the 7 foot one and doner who does pretty well freshman year then gets drafted as a lottery pick based on potential. He will still need to perform once he gets there or he's Donte Green.

Pete Thamel @SIPeteThamel
Doug Marrone's legacy at Cuse will be pulling the program out of the darkest stretch (and worst hire) in its history.

Tirico said the same thing on the radio.

derrell smith@secsualchoklate
Congrats to Doug Marrone. Helluva man, helluva coach. Thanx for putting SU back on top and good luck in the future

Rob Long@RobLong47
People in Cuse are whalin' on that panic button... Don't forget how much better off we are now then 4 years ago.

That's because Kelly runs an offense that just won't work in the NFL.

Kelly has done nothing in the NFL.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I truly, truly do not believe that is the case.

Trudo tweeted he hopes Adkins stays, since he and Marrone were the biggest reasons he chose SU.

So let's add Adkins to the list if must retains.
Trudo's not going anywhere.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I can see that. Chip Kelly's philosophies, zone read, high speed offense (although some NFL teams are leaning toward this), going for two frequently, etc. are good college strategies, but doubtful they will be great in the NFL. Marrone's philosophies on both offense and defense go well with NFL strategies tht have proven successful.

Well in fairness, Pugh and Chibane have both finished their SU careers so they don't have to worry about who will coach them here.
With degrees to boot unlike their coach who left without a degree to pursue thousands of doychmarks in the wlaf

And yes i know that's a ridiculous spelling

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2