These St. Bonaventure weirdos made a mini movie about the game | Syracusefan.com

These St. Bonaventure weirdos made a mini movie about the game

OrangeDW

Living Legend

Where do they go from here? Might as well just shut down the program. This is apparently the biggest thing in the history of western civilization to them.

Well, for them, it is.

Don't they have a game against the Mighty Minutemen to prepare for?

It’s just weird. I could see if we were top 10 and a great team this year, or it was a tourney game. But they’re supposed to be really good right? “Best team in NY State”? Why the dramatics? A decent Bonnies team beat a decent but below par Syracuse team in a horribly played December rock fight. Big friggin deal.

It’s just weird. I could see if we were top 10 and a great team this year, or it was a tourney game. But they’re supposed to be really good right? “Best team in NY State”? Why the dramatics? A decent Bonnies team beat a decent but below par Syracuse team in a horribly played December rock fight. Big friggin deal.
Mid-majors need to mid-major.
upload_2017-12-29_22-16-3.gif

Because they're ass*****.

Not to be a contrarian, but it’s not a whole lot different than our football Extended Cut. I know Clemson was the reigning national champion, but in St Bonnie’s world, we might as well have been.

Not to be a contrarian, but it’s not a whole lot different than our football Extended Cut. I know Clemson was the reigning national champion, but in St Bonnie’s world, we might as well have been.

Defending national champs, ranked # 2.

If the Bonnies came in and beat us in 2010 instead of losing and throwing nut punches, I’d get it.

They are kind of a joke. I mean I’m not around there but I had no idea their fans were like this. I thought they would have been closet cuse fans who are excited when the Bonnie’s do well.

Defending national champs, ranked # 2.

If the Bonnies came in and beat us in 2010 instead of losing and throwing nut punches, I’d get it.

They see us as the big brother whose shadow they’ve lived in for almost forever. That video doesn’t bother me and I’m sure it made their fans smile like our extended cut made me smile.

Where do they go from here? Might as well just shut down the program. This is apparently the biggest thing in the history of western civilization to them.
Was a cool video - like our Georgetown video. Personally I’m happy for them. They are a very good team with an excellent, experienced backcourt. Was a hard fought game, we battled back to tie the game and honestly should have won it in regulation. I’m proud of our team in every game we’ve played so far. LGO!!!

I don't begrudge them this one bit. Thought it was pretty cool.
And it works as a motivational and recruiting device.

Doesn't really matter that they beat an unranked SU team. It's the 'grandeur of the program' that matters to them.

Doesn’t bother me at all. We make videos after meaningful football and basketball victories. It was the perfect storm for them to beat us this year.
  • Game during Christmas break, no SU student section
  • Thompson left the program
  • Thorpe left the program
  • Sidibe injured
  • 46 hours after a physical game
  • SU shoots 3-19 (15.8%) from 3
  • SU misses 10 FTs
  • St. Bona’s best team in several years
  • SU’s worst team in several year
  • After all of this, we lost in OT on a flop charge call
Even though their fans acted like they won the college football playoff, let them enjoy the week. I saw Bona fans throwing chairs. They were throwing beers down from the upper deck. Unacceptable behavior for sure, but let’s just beat them by 20 and discourage all 5,000 of their fans from making the trip in the future.

Are you the guy that thinks they are going to get in to a p5 conference?
I think that New England is the only major region of the country that is not locked up by a P5 conference. BC is an ACC team, but because they are a small private elite religious school, they just don't pull much following. To answer your question, yes I believe that there is a possibility that the B1G would be interested in building a franchise at UMASS and extend their brand to Boston.

Good for them.
Why not celebrate?
This is how rivalries start and it would be nice to have a local Upstate rival...since the Bonnies basically haven't been relevant since the days of Essie Hollis (No, not a character from the old Green Acres show).
Now they have to keep up the talent level...and good luck there.

I have no problem with it. They should enjoy it while they can. Bring them back next year and see if they can replicate it

Good for them.
Why not celebrate?
This is how rivalries start and it would be nice to have a local Upstate rival...since the Bonnies basically haven't been relevant since the days of Essie Hollis (No, not a character from the old Green Acres show).
Now they have to keep up the talent level...and good luck there.

They have made the NCAA’s twice in my sports fan lifetime. Twice. They can be Canisius’ and Buffalo’s rival. Scrubby little program with weird fans.

I think that New England is the only major region of the country that is not locked up by a P5 conference. BC is an ACC team, but because they are a small private elite religious school, they just don't pull much following. To answer your question, yes I believe that there is a possibility that the B1G would be interested in building a franchise at UMASS and extend their brand to Boston.
Highly unlikely, but if it happened there would be mass suicides in Storrs.

Highly unlikely, but if it happened there would be mass suicides in Storrs.
They never, ever mention the subject of UMASS on the Boneryard. They already know UMASS has more value to a P5 than UCONN. Too bad for them. This game with the Bonnies should be interesting as Matt McCall, 35 years old, is a Billy Donovan assistant coach and he seems to be doing something at UMASS.

Last edited:
St. Who? Folks I forgot about them the next day. Look this should be no surprise to anyone. If/when Cornell beats us again then they will surely do something more than a video.

St. Who? Folks I forgot about them the next day. Look this should be no surprise to anyone. If/when Cornell beats us again then they will surely do something more than a video.

I guess I think more highly of the Bonnies program than their own fans do? And I don’t think all that highly of them...they’re usually a weak-mediocre A-10 program. Still, it’s not like they’re in the Patriot league or something. A-10 is at least kindve big time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom