They just need to learn to sell the damn single game | Syracusefan.com

They just need to learn to sell the damn single game

retro44

Living Legend
tickets without trying to stick a portion of the donation to them. I have known a few fans who went to the box office to buy single game tickets and the dome quoted them $90.00 a seat.

They left and went to a tully's to save a few hundred bucks.

also this past season during the first game two gentlemen from ottawa came down and sat in front of me for the game.

they inquired about season tickets before the game and the box office was only showing them the donation seats being the only thing available,when I pointed to endzone and said those were $100 season tickets they were pissed that that was not given nor mentioned.

said it was costing them gas,food and lodging to attend the games if they keep coming down.

These two guys were not syracuse football fans,but college football fans and we happened to be the closest to them.They were also retired policemen.

they were pissed and was thinking about inquiring for next season,but required donations were not going to fly.

those two guys drank non-stop until the taps were shut off...big donations there

they do sell single game tickets without sticking you with a portion of the donation.

they do sell single game tickets without sticking you with a portion of the donation.

yes... i do know that,but the point was once the season starts make all the seats first come, first served, instead of trying to extract as much cash from some families who might not be able to afford a full seasons at this point in life.Until this year I use to think those empty seats were all season ticket holders who didn't bother show up and I am sure that's the case for a bunch of them,but fill the middle first to make an impression for t.v. instead of listening to paid consultants on how to increase your donation amounts.

it pissed a few off that they were being charged full price to sit in the corner nose bleed seats when better seats were available.

the more they make happy on walk-ups, it might translate into more season tickets in the future.

yes... i do know that,but the point was once the season starts make all the seats first come, first served, instead of trying to extract as much cash from some families who might not be able to afford a full seasons at this point in life.Until this year I use to think those empty seats were all season ticket holders who didn't bother show up and I am sure that's the case for a bunch of them,but fill the middle first to make an impression for t.v. instead of listening to paid consultants on how to increase your donation amounts.

it pissed a few off that they were being charged full price to sit in the corner nose bleed seats when better seats were available.

the more they make happy on walk-ups, it might translate into more season tickets in the future.

so you tell the donor that pays an extra $100 or more per game per seat to have their seats, that the guy next to them only has to pay $42? it's a double edged sword because that is a quick way to lose donors who at some point will just buy individual tix. plenty do that already now. the problem isn't single game tix. the problem is how do they get the season tix holder back and more importantly, the ones who pay the seat license.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom