They were leaving. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

They were leaving.

It takes a special type of moron to leave an OT game. Why even go in the first place?
always pick the most logical assumption. It is more likely that the person had to be home by a certain time rather then to assume that he is a moron; kids, baby sitter, whatever.

always pick the most logical assumption. It is more likely that the person had to be home by a certain time rather then to assume that he is a moron; kids, baby sitter, whatever.

OK, so I ask again...why even go in the first place? Do people go to movies and walk out right when the climax is kicking in because of "kids, babysitter, whatever"?

If you're crawling across my lap to get out of the aisle to leave early at the beginning of overtime, I'm going to assume you're a moron. Walking up the aisles blocking everyone's view that sits along the aisles. No consideration and no clue.

I'm not defending everyone because some do leave the Dome early. But many people who leave their seats before the end don't leave the Dome. They stand on the first and second level behind the seating. They feel they can then get out the gates quicker when in fact the game has been "decided".

I stopped watching on my computer after the second empty possession down 7 pts with about 1:58 when I clicked the X.

And I thought about this as I was doing it. If I was at the game, I wouldn't leave early because I can't re-watch a game I'm watching in real life. But if I'm home and for some reason SU makes a miraculous comeback. I can easily watch a replay of the game on ESPN3 right after the game is over.

So if im ever at a game. I would wait until I absolutely knew the game was over. Like :10 left and down 15.

OK, so I ask again...why even go in the first place? Do people go to movies and walk out right when the climax is kicking in because of "kids, babysitter, whatever"?

If you're crawling across my lap to get out of the aisle to leave early at the beginning of overtime, I'm going to assume you're a moron. Walking up the aisles blocking everyone's view that sits along the aisles. No consideration and no clue.
Who are you to decide when people should leave an event? I have left plays, movies and games early, when necessary.
I think, in general, that people pay far too much attention to what others are doing and not enough attention to what they themselves are doing.
If a person's actions don't have an impact on you, why should you care?

Last edited:
I stopped watching on my computer after the second empty possession down 7 pts with about 1:58 when I clicked the X.

And I thought about this as I was doing it. If I was at the game, I wouldn't leave early because I can't re-watch a game I'm watching in real life. But if I'm home and for some reason SU makes a miraculous comeback. I can easily watch a replay of the game on ESPN3 right after the game is over.

So if im ever at a game. I would wait until I absolutely knew the game was over. Like :10 left and down 15.

Never. I turn it off right after JB give his patented "Nice game jerk-off" look and reverse head nod/hand shake to lesser dooshbag coaches.

if you live out of town, leaving early at 10:00 on a weekday, beating the traffic and getting normal sleep isn't the worst thing in the world when they're down.

I tend to agree with you. For 6 years, before I had kids, my family had season tickets. On weekday games we would leave most games, whether we were down or up, early to beat the traffic. When it was close or a big game I would stay until the end, but I timed it and leaving before the end of the game saved me at least 45 minutes on an already 2 hour trip home. If that makes me "less" of a fan in some people's eyes, oh well.

This has been an especially frustrating year.

Wisconsin, 7:15 start...OT
Clemson, 8:00 start...OT
VT, 8:00 start...OT

I must say, starting the drive back to Rochester at 10:30 is MUCH easier after a win!

I hate the "beat the traffic" argument. It's Syracuse, NY. There is no traffic. So you wait an extra 10-15 minutes to get onto the highway while SPD directs cars out of the lots. I've parked in the Crouse garage for the past 12 years and the longest I've ever waited to get out was 20 minutes (the "beat the record" games). It's a ridiculous argument for this area.

When I see "fans" leaving early I usually say I hope some day my life is so compelling that those extra 10 minutes I gain by leaving a game early make an impact. Maybe one of those traffic beaters go home and found a cure for cancer while waiting for Jimmy Fallon to come on.

There are a lot of casual fans that get free tickets that aren't there for the great game. If they were they wouldn't be hiking down to the can or concessions half a dozen times during the game. There are season ticket holders all around me that only show up for big games and then leave early as well. Different strokes.

Same people who are standing in the aisles juggling two beers and a dish of nachos blocking my view 10 minutes into the first half. Should be like the opera. If you're not seated when the curtain goes up you wait until intermission. ;)

Who are you to decide when people should leave an event? I have left plays, movies and games early, when necessary.
I think, in general, that people pay far too much attention to what others are doing and not enough attention to what they themselves are doing.
If a person's actions don't have an impact on you, why should you care?

Because when I'm in my seat's it's annoying that masses of people get in my way while I'm watching. Frankly it's rude.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom