Things lookin' up for Cuse BBall | Syracusefan.com

Things lookin' up for Cuse BBall

Flacusian

All Conference
Well, it's seemed like an exceptionally long off season this year. For the 1st time in 20 years I've taken a hiatus of sorts from my obsession with Syracuse Basketball, partly on account of some personal things that have commanded my attention and perhaps a little bit the result of plunging into an unwarranted depression when news of Baze deciding he was going to... well , whatever he ended up deciding to do. In the periphery of my awareness I saw a couple of things which developed since our last game in the tourney... and I did for a brief time get excited about Boeheims Army...
And we find ourselves on the precipice of a new season...and after immersing myself back into Cuse B. Ball and going to all of the sites I have bookmarked that are even remotely or tangentially related to Cuse Basketball...
I have arrived at the conclusion that we are likely to have a very enjoyable season.
In fact... we are poised to have what could shape up to be a very special season. And that is a wonderful thing indeed.
With us returning everyone ... save for Moyer, we will be loaded.

The season can't get here fast enough... and Iook forward to all the excitement of the games, the board, with all of it's craziness and diversity of opinion. It's going to be an especially great year to be Orange.
LGO!

Good post & I agree with so much.

This offseason HAS seemed long...but we slowly ramping up for the new season.

So many reasons to get excited. Let’s count them:

- Tyus Battle really came back to school?!?

I’ll admit, I thought he was 98% gone most of year. What a pleasant surprise! Type we don’t usually get. Almost didn’t know how to take the news haha. Excited to see him polish his game.

- Recruit like Robert Braswell that we just happen to find late in process? Sign me up for that!

Here’s a guy who’s 6-8/6-9 who owns a nice shooting stoke & can step out behind the line. A perfect prospect to take a chance on. Don’t exactly need him this year, so give him time to beef up, learn the zone, and refine his game.

Even the Boeheim’s Army guys has good things to say about Braswell - Blackwell calling him a “sleeper” who can “shoot it with ease from NBA range”. Again, great job by staff to get him here after the whole Bazley debacle.

- I Love Transfers.

There, I said it. I think it’s a great way to keep the talent flowing into the program. And i’m VERY excited about Elijah Hughes.

My prediction: Hughes comes in ready to play this season. It may take some time for him to find “his place” since we have other talented returning players (Battle, Frank, Oshae, Marek)...but once he does, guy will be a rock for this team. Solid body type, and gonna bring that offensive spark we badly needed last year.

I think by end of year Hughes will be an integral part of this team, creating many opportunities on the offensive end.

- And Marek Dolezaj! How the hell could I forget my man Marek, with the “blond cheerleader girlfriend”!?! Haha

I had so much fun last season watching this kid mature & develop. And that scoop shot he has...money!! I love everything about Marek’s game & he does all the little things that help enable team to win games. Just a pleasure to watch this kid play the game.

- AND...so many other reasons for excitement that I haven’t even touched on yet!

...Jalen Carey, the talk of the Boeheim’s Army Guys, who say kid has “NBA talent”...

...We have a Senior point guard! Hallelujah! Such a luxury...hoping for a good season to cap off Frank Howard’s career in Orange...

...Remember when Pascal Chwuku blocked a shot, fell down, got up quickly & proceeded to block another shot at home against ranked Clemson? God, I do - may never forget it. Freaking love that play & the heart kid showed...

...And holy crap, I legit almost forgot about our Sophomore sensation, Oshae Brissett! This is a kid who may be a lottery pick in next year’s draft & yet I’m over here taking him for granted already haha!

Bring on the season, dammit! I’m so ready to watch our Orange play faster tempo on offense with lockdown defense like last years.

Dare I say it...but I think it’s one of those “special” type seasons. Where people gather to watch big games in movie theaters. And maybe we even get a long winning streak to obsess over. Whatever we are in store for...bring it on already.

Good post & I agree with so much.

This offseason HAS seemed long...but we slowly ramping up for the new season.

So many reasons to get excited. Let’s count them:

- Tyus Battle really came back to school?!?

I’ll admit, I thought he was 98% gone most of year. What a pleasant surprise! Type we don’t usually get. Almost didn’t know how to take the news haha. Excited to see him polish his game.

- Recruit like Robert Braswell that we just happen to find late in process? Sign me up for that!

Here’s a guy who’s 6-8/6-9 who owns a nice shooting stoke & can step out behind the line. A perfect prospect to take a chance on. Don’t exactly need him this year, so give him time to beef up, learn the zone, and refine his game.

Even the Boeheim’s Army guys has good things to say about Braswell - Blackwell calling him a “sleeper” who can “shoot it with ease from NBA range”. Again, great job by staff to get him here after the whole Bazley debacle.

- I Love Transfers.

There, I said it. I think it’s a great way to keep the talent flowing into the program. And i’m VERY excited about Elijah Hughes.

My prediction: Hughes comes in ready to play this season. It may take some time for him to find “his place” since we have other talented returning players (Battle, Frank, Oshae, Marek)...but once he does, guy will be a rock for this team. Solid body type, and gonna bring that offensive spark we badly needed last year.

I think by end of year Hughes will be an integral part of this team, creating many opportunities on the offensive end.

- And Marek Dolezaj! How the hell could I forget my man Marek, with the “blond cheerleader girlfriend”!?! Haha

I had so much fun last season watching this kid mature & develop. And that scoop shot he has...money!! I love everything about Marek’s game & he does all the little things that help enable team to win games. Just a pleasure to watch this kid play the game.

- AND...so many other reasons for excitement that I haven’t even touched on yet!

...Jalen Carey, the talk of the Boeheim’s Army Guys, who say kid has “NBA talent”...

...We have a Senior point guard! Hallelujah! Such a luxury...hoping for a good season to cap off Frank Howard’s career in Orange...

...Remember when Pascal Chwuku blocked a shot, fell down, got up quickly & proceeded to block another shot at home against ranked Clemson? God, I do - may never forget it. Freaking love that play & the heart kid showed...

...And holy crap, I legit almost forgot about our Sophomore sensation, Oshae Brissett! This is a kid who may be a lottery pick in next year’s draft & yet I’m over here taking him for granted already haha!

Bring on the season, dammit! I’m so ready to watch our Orange play faster tempo on offense with lockdown defense like last years.

Dare I say it...but I think it’s one of those “special” type seasons. Where people gather to watch big games in movie theaters. And maybe we even get a long winning streak to obsess over. Whatever we are in store for...bring it on already.
This is a great thread. You know Cuse is a basketball school when the football team has arguably one of their most meaningful games in years and we get these kind of hype threads about a season that is still a month away. Keep it coming.

Dont forget Sid. If he is healthy he has a chance to be special
I say that over and over. Kid has great upside if healthy. kinda looking forward more to watching him and I sure do ope we pass inside to him a bit as it will open everything else up for the athletes.

Flacusian, how much I love the enthusiasm of your posts! You bring out the best in all of us! Last year, I was despondent before the season began. I have a lot of Duke friends and they were SO PUMPED about the season. What a refreshing -dare I say exhilarating - preseason this year! (Of course, Duke friends still pumped as usual, and they should be.)

Like you, Flacusian, the wind totally left my sails after the Bazely defection. But then Battle came back and now it seems Someone Up There was looking out for us after all.

And hey, have people forgotten about Buddy?

Okay, must get ready to go to the football game but yup, had to check out the bball board first. :)

CUUUUUUSE.

Without being too specific, we were a smidgen away from making the elite eight. If the team as a whole plays at that level all year we will again be primed for a tourney run. If the bench is good enough to simply make sure all the guys have some rest during the season we should see improvement in performance from all the returners. If all the returning players improve even in small amounts the team will be better. If the new players can provide anything other than minutes on the floor that will be an improvement over last year‘s bench and again a better team.

The point being even with minimal expectations of improvement and production from new players there is reason to be very optimistic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom