think met life is bad- bb court in middle - | Syracusefan.com

think met life is bad- bb court in middle -

whats your thoughts on games in Europe , season ticket holders :rolling:
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...king-across-the-pond-may-play-games-in-europe

Good find...but the Europe stuff is not the real story..and I am surprised the real story was buried:

"As far as a possible network partnership with ESPN, the ACC's research shows that by 2030, a combined 55 percent of the U.S. population will be in the South and Northeast. That happens to where the majority of ACC schools will reside by 2014, when Pittsburgh, Syracuse and Notre Dame are fully integrated".

The above is why the B1G and BTN wanted to come northeast and south. It is the reason that the GOR was important for the ACC and its launching of its network...ESPN and ACC are fairly astute when it comes to demographics and such.

Don't blink, because the ACC Network is coming into sight soon...more later with details.

Good find...but the Europe stuff is not the real story..and I am surprised the real story was buried:

"As far as a possible network partnership with ESPN, the ACC's research shows that by 2030, a combined 55 percent of the U.S. population will be in the South and Northeast. That happens to where the majority of ACC schools will reside by 2014, when Pittsburgh, Syracuse and Notre Dame are fully integrated".

The above is why the B1G and BTN wanted to come northeast and south. It is the reason that the GOR was important for the ACC and its launching of its network...ESPN and ACC are fairly astute when it comes to demographics and such.

Don't blink, because the ACC Network is coming into sight soon...more later with details.

"As far as a possible network partnership with ESPN, the ACC's research shows that by 2030, a combined 55 percent of the U.S. population will be in the South and Northeast.
What is the % today?

Doug Gottlieb will still call it an SU home game.

Well there is a Syracuse in Sicily so Italy is all home games, in Holland they are fans of the oranje so those would be home games as well, Ongenaet is from Belgium = home games, Boeheim = Bohemia = Czech home games, McNamara = Ireland home games, Gorman played in England so those are home games, etc. etc

For some reason, that number just feels like its wrong. Over HALF of the country will live in the South and Northeast? Those numbers feel inflated to me.

Lets assume 25-30% live west of the Rockies. That is saying that only 20-25% of the country will live in the plains states/mid atlantic? Those numbers just don't jive.

For some reason, that number just feels like its wrong. Over HALF of the country will live in the South and Northeast? Those numbers feel inflated to me.

Lets assume 25-30% live west of the Rockies. That is saying that only 20-25% of the country will live in the plains states/mid atlantic? Those numbers just don't jive.
I think they mean the belt running from Maine through Texas. Not sure if Texas is included. ACC/SEC footprint.

I can actually believe it. I saw an article recently that talked about political trends and there is likely to be a continuous strip of states running from Texas to North Carolina that has no income tax.

I think they mean the belt running from Maine through Texas. Not sure if Texas is included. ACC/SEC footprint.

I can actually believe it. I saw an article recently that talked about political trends and there is likely to be a continuous strip of states running from Texas to North Carolina that has no income tax.

no income tax in Alaska! Geeeeet up here!

Well.....its a good thing the B1G got Rutgers. That should really give them a stranglehold on the east coast.

More people live in my neighborhood in Manhattan than live in the entire state of Wyoming. Twice as many people live in New York City as live in the state of Oklahoma.

It gets pretty empty west of the Mississippi (other than CA and TX).