This article confirms the death of the BE football conference(link) | Syracusefan.com

This article confirms the death of the BE football conference(link)

Alsacs

Living Legend
The ACC gets credit for our BCS appearance and 3 top 25 finishes.
Using those cumulative rankings, based on 2014 membership, for the top 25 final BCS rankings since 1998, there is a huge disparity between the power five leagues and the "Group of Five" conferences.
Awarding 25 points for first place, 24 for second, etc., for those annual rankings, the SEC ranks first with 1,054 points, followed by the Big Ten (860), Big 12 (816), ACC (673) and Pac-12 (671). Then there's a huge drop to the "Group of Five" -- the Big East (240), C-USA (49), MWC (58), Mid-American (21) and Sun Belt (0).

http://espn.go.com/college-football...access-bowl-limit-revenue-sharing-sources-say

I was researching to see how much we screwed em taking out the highest ranked. But WVU doesnt count for them either, so BE is AQ is T O A S T.

I like the fact the ACC is 4th and not 5th thru this year and the fact the Big 5 will split the money equally should calm down Florida State and Clemson from wanting to leave. The Orange Bowl news and this news basically means the ACC threw us a life jacket and we are lucky we got off the Hindenburg that is the Big East Conference.

The "group of 5" which the BE will be a part of still gets an AQ berth. So if the BE has the highest rated team from the group of 5, they still make it in. In most years they should have the highest ranked team.

In most years they should have the highest ranked team.

Except they have the Girls. Automatically drags down your ratings.

I think the MAC is going to give them a run for their money going forward.

I like the fact the ACC is 4th and not 5th thru this year and the fact the Big 5 will split the money equally should calm down Florida State and Clemson from wanting to leave. The Orange Bowl news and this news basically means the ACC threw us a life jacket and we are lucky we got off the Hindenburg that is the Big East Conference.

Plus, our board poster that has the connections at NCST was saying in chat yesterday that the numbers for next year are going to come in higher than what has been reported. FSU is not going anywhere anytime soon.

Just noticed that they state the highest rated team in the "Group of Five" will be given access to on of the 5 BCS bowls. BE isn't completely locked at as once was thought.

Also, it doesn't look like the Orange Bowl will ever pair the ACC champ against the SEC or Big10 Champ. That's not good.

Also, it doesn't look like the Orange Bowl will ever pair the ACC champ against the SEC or Big10 Champ. That's not good.

This was expected.

SEC Champ (or SEC team not in the Final Four) will always play against the BigXII Champ in the Sugar or another access bowl if the Sugar is involved in the playoff that year.

Big10 Champ is still locked into playing against the Pac12 Champ in the Rose or another access bowl.

The best the Orange Bowl could ever do is the Big10 or SEC runner-up or #3 team.

Plus, our board poster that has the connections at NCST was saying in chat yesterday that the numbers for next year are going to come in higher than what has been reported. FSU is not going anywhere anytime soon.
Don't tell this to WVU fans- it'll kill the comic relief I get from reading their: "The ACC is dead- and FSU, NC, MD, Clemson, VT, etc...can't wait to join the Big 12- the greatest, most superfragilistic conference in the history of cfb..now that WVU "decided" to join"!!!
bowdown.gif

Dennis Dodd reporting that the new BE media deal is now likely to bring $70 million to $100 million annually to the conference is another bit of bad news. The Boneyard crowd could claim with some hope of accuracy that Brett McMurphy was just spouting the company line when he said the cap for the Big East media deal was $130 million per annum, but Dodd isn't employed by the WWL. Reality is sinking in and the left-behinds are just now facing their long-term prospects and it isn't pretty.

This was expected.

SEC Champ (or SEC team not in the Final Four) will always play against the BigXII Champ in the Sugar or another access bowl if the Sugar is involved in the playoff that year.

Big10 Champ is still locked into playing against the Pac12 Champ in the Rose or another access bowl.

The best the Orange Bowl could ever do is the Big10 or SEC runner-up or #3 team.
or NOTRE DAME

This was expected.

Yep, which perception wise, makes the Orange Bowl 2nd tier. But still faaaaarrrrr better than the BE situation. I don't see how the BE champ will ever play for a NC.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Just noticed that they state the highest rated team in the "Group of Five" will be given access to on of the 5 BCS bowls. BE isn't completely locked at as once was thought.

That irks me to no end, it's a step above the moronic Bama/LSU Chump game. This selection crap is like being a member of the country club.

Yep, which perception wise, makes the Orange Bowl 2nd tier. But still faaaaarrrrr better than the BE situation. I don't see how the BE champ will ever play for a NC.

BE Champ would have to be undefeated, and play a decent OOC schedule (sorry Rutgers), and the rest of the country would have to have 1 loss.

Then maybe the BE gets a #4 seed.

This was expected.

The Sugar Bowl (Champions Bowl) will rarely get the SEC champ vs Big 12 champ matchup either. And if they ever get one (or both), that means a down year for the conference (or both).

Best bet for Orange Bowl is that if you take the 3 best SEC, 3 best B1G, and rank them from 1 to 6, most years they get the 4th or 5th team from that group. So while not the top of the top as far as tier, that's still an impressive group of stadium filling heavyweights to pick from. Bama, LSU, Florida, Tennessee, Georgia, Auburn, Nebraska, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin. Then ND fits in here somehow.

So we could sell that to recruits, or we could sell that we're now part of a G5, where the highest ranked of about 60 remaining teams will play against someone lower in the pool of teams just mentioned (along with other power conferences) in a game where no one wanted your G5 group involved, but it was forced upon them.

I'll take our path.

Follow the money.
We made out like bandits- and regardless...this is a GREAT deal from where we were.
Thank u, DG.
cheers.gif

Big East isn't dead yet.

Looks like they kept their BCS bid, aside from the rare occassion that a CUSA, MWC, or MAC champ finishes ranked higher than the BE champ.

I know, I know, we're getting paid. But the path to a BCS game still appears to be easier as a Big East member.

Big East isn't dead yet.

Looks like they kept their BCS bid, aside from the rare occassion that a CUSA, MWC, or MAC champ finishes ranked higher than the BE champ.

I know, I know, we're getting paid. But the path to a BCS game still appears to be easier as a Big East member.

With about 0% chance of ever getting selected for the semi final games.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2