This board will completely change with a competitive effort | Syracusefan.com

This board will completely change with a competitive effort

Rocco

Watching you.
Last week was abysmal. Nothing else needs to be said that hasn't already been chopped up here.

Looking to Saturday, we have a chance to completely salvage the season with a competitive effort, or even pull off a monumental win.

The Cuse fan base, who was eager for this season to begin, has been smacked back down to reality. The bandwagon fans are quickly aborting the mission. It's a damn shame, but it is what it is. This is the atmosphere that 20 years of futility has created.

Go out, execute, tackle, make catches and hit hard. Sunshine needs to get popped again. The coaching staff and these kids have a huge chip on their shoulders, so don't ever say never. No one thought we were going to win 2 years ago and no one thought we were going to *almost* win in Death Valley last season.

Anything is possible. They need our support. Be loud, have some beverages and LFGO.

1568296311994.png

Our offense needs to do something out of the gate besides three and out and a turnover like it has the last two games. Play calling needs to really mix it up on 1st and 2nd down to ovoid 3rd and long. Our Oline just can’t protect on obvious passing downs. TD is going to have to run the ball and get us easy 1st downs if we are going to sustain drives.

Hopefully being completely embarrassed by Maryland’s offense has got the Defenses attention. They got cocky after whipping up on our offense all spring, preseason and a crappy Liberty offense. Hopefully now they pay attention to detail and come to play.

Anything is possible in the Dome but we need to play magnitudes better in all phases of the game. We are also going to need Clemson to take us lightly. Not sure how likely that is giving we smacked them in the mouth two years in a row. Luckily these are young men and anything can happen. I’ll be there just Incase we can pull off another miracle.

Go Orange.

If we are competitive and Maryland is legit tension will dissipate.

I thought before Maryland we were a 10-2 and top 20 team.
If Maryland is a legit 9-3 team then that loss isn’t bad. We played bad though that is why I think the board is on alert.
If we lost a 28-24 tough road game I don’t think the worry is as high.
63-20 is why people are scared.

If Maryland is a legit 9-3 team then that loss isn’t bad. We played bad though that is why I think the board is on alert.
Im not defending a 43 point loss, but I think anyone here who watched knows Maryland’s legit. Jackson looked great.

We were told the offense might take a while and the defense would carry us.

The offense looks worse than any of us could have imagined and our defense looked like JV vs Varsity last Saturday.

We all worried we might lose a close game to Maryland. Nobody expected what happened.

Fluke losses happen. If that’s what last week was, we should be able to salvage momentum as the season progresses.

Having to rebound against Clemson is rough, but at least it immediately gives us a look at what this team is made of.

Stay competitive and get to 3-2 before our full ACC schedule hits and I think the fan base will rally.

Losing 63-20 to anyone at this point in the *rebuild* is unacceptable, any way you slice it.

A competitive effort this week changes the perception moving forward.

Being competitive is too subjective. Shafer's teams had games where they were competitive with Clemson and LSU at home for 2-3 quarters. We need to take Clemson deep into the 4th quarter for fans to start to believe Maryland was a fluke.

Our offense needs to do something out of the gate besides three and out and a turnover like it has the last two games. Play calling needs to really mix it up on 1st and 2nd down to ovoid 3rd and long. Our Oline just can’t protect on obvious passing downs. TD is going to have to run the ball and get us easy 1st downs if we are going to sustain drives.

Hopefully being completely embarrassed by Maryland’s offense has got the Defenses attention. They got cocky after whipping up on our offense all spring, preseason and a crappy Liberty offense. Hopefully now they pay attention to detail and come to play.

Anything is possible in the Dome but we need to play magnitudes better in all phases of the game. We are also going to need Clemson to take us lightly. Not sure how likely that is giving we smacked them in the mouth two years in a row. Luckily these are young men and anything can happen. I’ll be there just Incase we can pull off another miracle.

Go Orange.
we could run against md--

Getting blown out by that grifter Locksley bothered me more than anything.

Hopefully Dino felt the same.

Last week was abysmal. Nothing else needs to be said that hasn't already been chopped up here.

Looking to Saturday, we have a chance to completely salvage the season with a competitive effort, or even pull off a monumental win.

The Cuse fan base, who was eager for this season to begin, has been smacked back down to reality. The bandwagon fans are quickly aborting the mission. It's a damn shame, but it is what it is. This is the atmosphere that 20 years of futility has created.

Go out, execute, tackle, make catches and hit hard. Sunshine needs to get popped again. The coaching staff and these kids have a huge chip on their shoulders, so don't ever say never. No one thought we were going to win 2 years ago and no one thought we were going to *almost* win in Death Valley last season.

Anything is possible. They need our support. Be loud, have some beverages and LFGO.

View attachment 169876

Of course it will. Then it will melt down if we aren't up 21-0 on Holy Cross after the first.

Welcome to the Internet.

Im not defending a 43 point loss, but I think anyone here who watched knows Maryland’s legit. Jackson looked great.

Jackson was comfortable and we'll see how he reacts when someone stops their running game and puts pressure on him. He had wide open receivers to throw to and time to do so. Jackson was 21-38 296 yards and 3 TD and 1 interception with no pressure while TD was 28-39 330 yards 3 TD and 1 interception with pressure.

Maryland is a talented team and hopefully they can do some serious damage in the Big 10 and not an early flash in the pan.

Maryland is a talented team and hopefully they can do some serious damage in the Big 10 and not an early flash in the pan.

Why would we hope for this? A successful Locksley at Maryland makes recruiting much more difficult for us.I absolutely hope they're "an early flash in the pan" and he flames out within a few years. I hope they get their doors blown off every game from here on out.

Why would we hope for this? A successful Locksley at Maryland makes recruiting much more difficult for us.I absolutely hope they're "an early flash in the pan" and he flames out within a few years. I hope they get their doors blown off every game from here on out.

I didn't say successful, just that they would make some noise. Make it a mess...bedlam if you will.

This is Dino’s battle of Trenton, crossing the Deleware moment.

If we lost by 43 points to a team that goes on to finish 2-10... we have major, major problems.

We are what we are regardless. Long term it would be better for us to not have a recruiter like him winning at Md.

Hope we win, but whether we are competitive in a loss or not, the real season starts with WMU IMOP. Of course a competitive loss would be a better spring board to that start than another blowout.