this bpi index on espn has NC State winning | Syracusefan.com

this bpi index on espn has NC State winning

dasher

Hoops Inside Info Guru
59% I really wonder how they get that. We finished higher in the league standings. We beat them twice.
Yes. The game is pretty much a toss up. Both earlier games could have gonbe either way. But why does this
index favor NC State?

59% I really wonder how they get that. We finished higher in the league standings. We beat them twice.
Yes. The game is pretty much a toss up. Both earlier games could have gonbe either way. But why does this
index favor NC State?
I blame NET.

I also have no idea what I'm talking about.

index favor NC State?
Home court advantage.

index favor NC State?

the BPI model thinks NC State is a better team (BPI has been pretty down on SU all season), particularly on offense. BPI gives a 2.4 point edge and that roughly translates to a team winning 59% of the time. Things like conferences standings and w/l are less predictive than offensive and defensive efficiencies, and its not clear that beating a team twice in a season matters.

BPI is making predictions on every game played, if you focus on one team you are going to have disagreements with it. Vegas has a bit more skin in the game with accuracy, but they only need to be accurate enough to make money with 4% vig.

IDK who BPI is but..
quotev GIF

Looks like BPI was being generous, garbage has shown up in the second half tonight. Pure garbage.

index favor NC State?
Ken Pom also had NC ST winning ...