this can't be right, Duke doesn't play an at game until | Syracusefan.com

this can't be right, Duke doesn't play an at game until

dasher

Hoops Inside Info Guru
january 12. We would have heard a lot more about it if that were true, wouldn't we?

january 12. We would have heard a lot more about it if that were true, wouldn't we?

Duke never gets called out on ESPN. Also Duke's played higher profile games (Kentucky, Minnesota, VCU, Louisville, Temple neutral and Ohio St. at home) so the location isn't the story, but if SU had played the exact same schedule the fact they they played no true road game until Jan. 12 is all you would have heard about. I'm not defending SU here. I just want the media to be consistent.

I am glad we didn't play their schedule, we would have 4 losses by now :/

I pointed this out weeks ago when SU was being called out on it. Also, several of their games were played in
Atlanta which is close to being equivalent to SU playing in NYC.

Didn't they play a tournament in the Bahamas?

Our OOC schedule isn't really a beauty to look at compared to some of the other big name programs.

Didn't they play a tournament in the Bahamas?

Our OOC schedule isn't really a beauty to look at compared to some of the other big name programs.
I didn't say a word about our schedule. We should play a better schedule. However, we do hear a lot about not playing any road games and here we have Duke not playing an at until january 12. And not a word.

I didn't say a word about our schedule. We should play a better schedule. However, we do hear a lot about not playing any road games and here we have Duke not playing an at until january 12. And not a word.

They played three games in the Bahamas, one game in New Jersey, one game in Atlanta, and 6 games at home so far (one againsttOSU), so for a 6-5 split you probably won't.

They played three games in the Bahamas, one game in New Jersey, one game in Atlanta, and 6 games at home so far (one againsttOSU), so for a 6-5 split you probably won't.
Yep. No road games. that is the measuring stick according to some. Plus, they usually are able to make it up on the back end when they don't leave North caroloina until the third round.

Yep. No road games. that is the measuring stick according to some. Plus, they usually are able to make it up on the back end when they don't leave North caroloina until the third round.

The played five games outside their gym, what do you want? Complaining about a road game is stupid, Atlanta was a UK crowd, a neutral site tournament for 3 and another neutral site game. Who plays 5 away games before New Years? And for that matter they play iin Charlotte against Davidson on Wednesday. Not the schedule to make fun of.

Duke plays an early road game at least every other year by virtue of the ACC/Big 10 challenge. They don't have the reputation established over years of staying in NY playing garbage teams.

Duke plays an early road game at least every other year by virtue of the ACC/Big 10 challenge. They don't have the reputation established over years of staying in NY playing garbage teams.
that doesn't count. we played in the acc big east acc shootout and play in the sec big east shootout. By saying NY are you saying that MSG is a home game for us as well?

that doesn't count. we played in the acc big east acc shootout and play in the sec big east shootout. By saying NY are you saying that MSG is a home game for us as well?

We market it like it is (which is great). And since we pack the place (which is also great)...

How long has the SEC/BE challenge been in existence?

How long has the SEC/BE challenge been in existence?
how long has the big ten acc challenge been in existence? Who cares?

The played five games outside their gym, what do you want? Complaining about a road game is stupid, Atlanta was a UK crowd, a neutral site tournament for 3 and another neutral site game. Who plays 5 away games before New Years? And for that matter they play iin Charlotte against Davidson on Wednesday. Not the schedule to make fun of.

The few and far between instances where SU plays those games they don't count as away games according to the media. I'm not bashing Duke's schedule, I'm bashing the sports media for being inconsistent. If SU played 3 games in Maui, one game in KC with a KU crowd, and a game vs. Canisius at the place where the Sabres play, all you'd hear from ESPN would be "no true road game until 1/12".

The few and far between instances where SU plays those games they don't count as away games according to the media. I'm not bashing Duke's schedule, I'm bashing the sports media for being inconsistent. If SU played 3 games in Maui, one game in KC with a KU crowd, and a game vs. Canisius at the place where the Sabres play, all you'd hear from ESPN would be "no true road game until 1/12".

We haven't played in Maui since I was in college. We kicked tail in Kansas City a few years back and agree that we didn't get propers for that, but we aren't road warriors, our "away" games early on are played in a building we market (correctly) as our second home. To use Duke in this thread considering 5 games away from Cameron is wrong to me.

how long has the big ten acc challenge been in existence? Who cares?

Syracuse has played precisely one road game in the Challenge. I imagine Duke has played considerably more, given that the BIG/ACC has been around for about fifteen years. Overall, they also play a tougher OCC schedule, away or not.

I understand the reasons why they do it, which is why it doesn't bother me when we get called out on it.

I really doubt that if SU had played the quality of opponents that Duke has played so far

People insist on using a game in Kansas City from four years ago to prove we play road games.

Does that seem weird to anyone else?

People insist on using a game in Kansas City from four years ago to prove we play road games.

No weirder than calling Atlantic City the "Greater NY Metropolitan Area" (or considering SU in that area, for that matter).

Yes. Delusional.

wait just a sec. we played sdsu in sandiego and arkansas at bud walton and still got called out during a espn broadcast for not yet playing on the road. tough schedule no doubt for the blue devils but why hasn't there been even a whisper during any espn duke game about not playing a true road game? what's good for the goose...

I really doubt that if SU had played the quality of opponents that Duke has played so far

This is syracuse we're talking about, no matter what kind of schedule we play the media will find a way to take a shot at us. If we played duke's schedule I have ZERO doubt the media would bring up that we don't play a true road game till jan 12 or whenever dukes 1st road game is. Zero doubt.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

This is syracuse we're talking about, no matter what kind of schedule we play the media will find a way to take a shot at us. If we played duke's schedule I have ZERO doubt the media would bring up that we don't play a true road game till jan 12 or whenever dukes 1st road game is. Zero doubt.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

We will never find out, because we will never schedule like Duke.

BUT ALCORN ST MIGHT FINISH 500 IN THE SWAC!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom