this can't be right, Duke doesn't play an at game until | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

this can't be right, Duke doesn't play an at game until

wait just a sec. we played sdsu in sandiego and arkansas at bud walton and still got called out during a espn broadcast for not yet playing on the road. tough schedule no doubt for the blue devils but why hasn't there been even a whisper during any espn duke game about not playing a true road game? what's good for the goose...

Who called us out?

it got dropped again during the detroit game. i thought out loud you've got to be kidding. watch the tape.

This is syracuse we're talking about, no matter what kind of schedule we play the media will find a way to take a shot at us. If we played duke's schedule I have ZERO doubt the media would bring up that we don't play a true road game till jan 12 or whenever dukes 1st road game is. Zero doubt.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Well I guess if you have zero doubt...

There's no way to prove it one way or the other, but I really do doubt it. Though of course part of it is history as well.

no true road games for top ranked duke before mid january deserves at least a mention during a broadcast regardless of su's schedule. it's noteworthy! but i guarantee you won't hear a peep. cue crickets.

no true road games for top ranked duke before mid january deserves at least a mention during a broadcast regardless of su's schedule. it's noteworthy! but i guarantee you won't hear a peep. cue crickets.

Duke doesn't have a decades old history of weak scheduling that earned them the reputation Syracuse has.

Duke doesn't have a decades old history of weak scheduling that earned them the reputation Syracuse has.

our overall sos is always good. we always have a tougher conference schedule than duke

Well I guess if you have zero doubt...

There's no way to prove it one way or the other, but I really do doubt it. Though of course part of it is history as well.

why would you doubt it? an espn article right before the season wrote "the san diego st game is the closest thing to a road game syracuse will play until at arkansas for the sec/big east challenge." the arkansas game was nov 30, making it seem that thats a long time for your first road game lol. in 2011 we got called out for not leaving new york or new jersey until early jan. we played a pre conference tourny in ac and opened the big east playing at seton hall and st johns, like we have any control over the big east schedule. and making it seem like atlantic city and newark is down the road from syracuse. i dont care who we played, if we didnt have a true road game until jan 12 we'd hear about it, come on

our overall sos is always good. we always have a tougher conference schedule than duke

I know that, and that's part of the reason why I couldn't care less about our schedule...aside from selfish viewing reasons.

why would you doubt it? an espn article right before the season wrote "the san diego st game is the closest thing to a road game syracuse will play until at arkansas for the sec/big east challenge." the arkansas game was nov 30, making it seem that thats a long time for your first road game lol. in 2011 we got called out for not leaving new york or new jersey until early jan. we played a pre conference tourny in ac and opened the big east playing at seton hall and st johns, like we have any control over the big east schedule. and making it seem like atlantic city and newark is down the road from syracuse. i dont care who we played, if we didnt have a true road game until jan 12 we'd hear about it, come on

While some Syracuse fans nitpick over some holiday tournament in Atlantic City or what a Road game REALLY means, Duke went to Columbus and played the number two team in the country...a legit ass road game the likes of which we haven't played in seventeen years.

Just saying.

While some Syracuse fans nitpick over some holiday tournament in Atlantic City or what a Road game REALLY means, Duke went to Columbus and played the number two team in the country...a legit ass road game the likes of which we haven't played in seventeen years.

Just saying.

it was the acc/big 10 challenge, duke had no control over who or where they played that game.

it was the acc/big 10 challenge, duke had no control over who or where they played that game.

They still played...it doesn't matter to ESPN one way or the other. And let's not pretend it would be difficult for us to set up a. H/H like that. We just choose not to.

They still played...it doesn't matter to ESPN one way or the other. And let's not pretend it would be difficult for us to set up a. H/H like that. We just choose not to.

i agree, im just saying duke didnt set up that game.

i agree, im just saying duke didnt set up that game.

How about the Kentucky game in Cat-lanta, or was that just happenstance?

Our conference schedule has no gimmie's so I don't mind the tomato can schedule we generally do early in the season, but to use Duke as a comparison is :crazy:

How about the Kentucky game in Cat-lanta, or was that just happenstance?

Our conference schedule has no gimmie's so I don't mind the tomato can schedule we generally do early in the season, but to use Duke as a comparison is :crazy:

that wasnt a "true road game." im not comparing our schedule to duke, but the ohio st game was brought up and duke didnt schedule that game, it was part of the acc/big 10 challenge. we could have just as easily played at kentucky this year instead of arkansas, but thats out of our control. we shouldnt be penalized for it and duke credited for it when its out of both teams control.

that wasnt a "true road game." im not comparing our schedule to duke, but the ohio st game was brought up and duke didnt schedule that game, it was part of the acc/big 10 challenge. we could have just as easily played at kentucky this year instead of arkansas, but thats out of our control. we shouldnt be penalized for it and duke credited for it when its out of both teams control.

Who is being penalized for anything? Our schedule is a bit of a laugher this season. The thread started when someone said Duke didn't play any roadies and how come "the media" doesn't take them to task for it. After a look at Duke's schedule in their first 12 game 6 will be away from Cameron. So it seems like it would be a very easy argument to pick apart.

Who is being penalized for anything? Our schedule is a bit of a laugher this season. The thread started when someone said Duke didn't play any roadies and how come "the media" doesn't take them to task for it. After a look at Duke's schedule in their first 12 game 6 will be away from Cameron. So it seems like it would be a very easy argument to pick apart.

all im saying is that if we had duke's schedule this year we'd be hearing about how we dont play a true road game till jan 12. youd hear stuff like "syracuse has beaten 5 top 10 teams this year but wont play a true road game till jan 12."

all im saying is that if we had duke's schedule this year we'd be hearing about how we dont play a true road game till jan 12. youd hear stuff like "syracuse has beaten 5 top 10 teams this year but wont play a true road game till jan 12."

No you wouldn't. If some idiot (Jay Williams) on ESPN said that Jay Bilas would then say SU played 50% of their games outside the Dome, one effecive road game and 3 outside the country. Then since Bilas said it would etched it in stone.

I assume that people have watched all the Duke games on ESPN this year with the same level of attentiveness that they pay to SU games to know what has or hasn't been said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom