This defense is for real | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

This defense is for real

And if I hear one more of the hosts on the Sirius college sports channel say Cuse's defense is horrible, I'm going to punch them through the radio.

Lazy. Unresearched.

Limited time. You're not going to be great at both. They only teams that are so it with talent we'll never have.

I agree...depending where you put your athletes because SU can not grow them on trees like Bama, Ohio State or USC. If Babers can recruit with them though...wow, we have found something even more special than I thought.

I never get this idea you have to sacrifice one for the other. You might build your game plan and style around the better side but not sure what time has to do with it.
Clock management with a lead. For a guy running a hurry-up O, Babers can eat clock like nobody's business. Six minutes on home-stretch drives - with some key first downs - the last two games to ice it.

Lazy. Unresearched.

Most are. If any of us have to listen to them and get our own justification from people like them shame on us, we know we have something good on the Hill. Add to that...HCDB can recruit and knows how to talk to recruits so they find out the facts and not storyland bs.

Clock management with a lead. For a guy running a hurry-up O, Babers can eat clock like nobody's business. Six minutes on home-stretch drives - with some key first downs - the last two games to ice it.

Great point, last two weeks, close out with the ball in your hand (essentially). That's a sign that the OL is gelling and the tempo evens up or tilts the trenches to SU's favor late. That's an offense that can play with the lead but also capable of scoring fast if behind.

Can't say enough about that third down throw. Big time.

Great point, last two weeks, close out with the ball in your hand (essentially). That's a sign that the OL is gelling and the tempo evens up or tilts the trenches to SU's favor late. That's an offense that can play with the lead but also capable of scoring fast if behind.

Can't say enough about that third down throw. Big time.

Agreed and you can see the confidence HCDB has in his players and it shows in the playcalling.